1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Stage Show

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Baezlebub, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well, this coming off the back of a discussion I had with a mate of mine about who had the best stage show we have ever seen, I thought it would be fun to throw it to more people than just me and him. He was adamant that Placebo were the best. I had to go with Bowie. How 'bout 'yall?

2. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Difficult choice!
    I'd probably go with Rage Against the Machine at Pinkpop '94 or with Radiohead at Torhout '97...

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

U2 in Rotterdam.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Accept in Athens Rodon in 1993 and Blue Oyster Cult in the same stage in 1995.

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Steve Vai - London 2001

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Both times that I've seen Strung Out. Ohhh and the Suicide Machines were good.

7. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Steve Vai, anywhere, anytime :D

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Reel Big Fish certainly put on really good shows the four times I've seen them, but then again the Foo Fighters and Metallica were just awesome when I saw them too.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Paul McCartney in Auckland in 1993. What a showman.

10. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

AC/DC when they were in Finland a few years ago. And damn it was loud!

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The Mars Volta.... just amazing.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

We talking concerts or Stage Musicals like Oklahoma?

13. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Concerts. I thought the whole 'David Bowie, Steve Vai, Paul McCartney' would have given that away.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It would have if I wasn't an having an 'idiot' day yesterday. :xx:

15. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Slayer, Moterhead and Overkill. Halloween night, 1988. It doesn't get any crazier then that :p

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Metallica - any stage, any time.

\m/

17. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Well, I saw them only briefly at the Big Day Out, but I just read in Rolling Stone Magazine that The Flaming Lips have a bloody awesome stage show. 4 1/2 stars from 5. I'm going to have to go to a real concert now.

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Agree with Pacman

U2 in Rotterdam

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If we're talking about the show itself, and more than just the singing/playing by the artist and including the stage, props, effects, motif, everything...I'm gonna have to say Rob Zombie, hands down. I saw him on his Hellbilly Deluxe tour back in '99, and to this day it is still the stick by which I measure the "showmanship" put into any concert I attend.

Anybody can stand on stage and play a guitar. Not everyone can make you feel like you've stepped into an intense, tripped-out psychodelic 1960's horror movie. Go Rob.

That said...for a guy who stands on stage and plays guitar, John Mayer is incredible. Much better than I ever thought he would be. I'm talkin' Stevie Ray Vaughen good. No kidding.

20. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Easily pink floyd. The pulse show at earles cout '94 was AMAZING! After that, Alice Cooper's brutal planet tour was really good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.