1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Conservative rival to wikipedia

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Cúchulainn, Mar 2, 2007.

1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wikipedia bias? I wouldn't have thought so. As far as I know it tries to remain as moderate as possable towards religions and cultures.

The whole page on bias in Wikipedia? Just trying to find something wrong with it.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Then from Wikipedia, on the Spanish Golden Age:
    I('m really not sure if this site is meant to be taken seriously. Take a look at "The Conservapedia Commandments" - just the name almost makes me laugh. It seems to just be laughing at itself.

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh. My. God. This thing is gold.

Check out the stuff about unicorns, about Plato, about Socrates, about homeschooling, about panzers, about the Luftwaffe, about...

hell, anything. It's all hysterically funny.

4. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just had a look at some of those examples AMaster, as well as a few others and they are pretty funny. Most of them sound like they were writen by a 7 year old child.

5. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

:rolleyes:

Just got to the Luftwaffe article... I'm laughing my ass off over here.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Oh dear, I just read the Panzer article:
    The King Tiger Tank was also a Panzer, the Panzer VI Tiger II. Panzer is the german word for tank. Unlike what the quote perhaps suggests a panzer inevitably is a tank. And it isn't really surprising that the King Tiger was better armed than a design dating back to 1934 that, by the time the King Tiger saw service, was already phased out as obsolete. Not to mention the typo and that they're also wrong in detail (I'll spare you) ... Dillettantes.

Or how about their in-depth article on the holocaust:
    Wow. Two sentences. And many christians, too? Well, the 'article' sort of misses the point of the affair. And what about who, why, how, when? For contrast, look at their article on evolution which deals with that subject in comparable length - and offers a sort-of predictable ending:
    If that's the general niveau, there is nothing to fear from conservapedia. It's ridiculous. Trivial babbling. As if written by 8th graders.

[ March 05, 2007, 20:27: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    It's either a joke or disinformation.

If this webpage represents conservatives, then I'd be gravely concerned even of the possibility that someone takes this kind of hogwash seriously and as a relevant source of good and useful information.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ugh. That evolution piece is unbelievable. The funniest part is at the very bottom; under the See Also, what do you find? Young Earth Creationism. Yeah, those two things are really closely related :rolleyes:

I'd have to say that these articles don't represent conservatives as much as Christian Fundamentalists.

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well, sure. Who's going to be attracted to a wiki that states 'wikipedia is anti-christian and anti-American'?

Faaar right types. Not that fanatics are limited to one end of the political spectrum, mind.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  11. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Vagina

"This page has been deleted, and protected to prevent re-creation"

Well thats just stupid. What is so 'obscene' about part of a womans body?

12. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

heh i just read six different pages and not one fails to mention christianity in some form (jesus, christ, the savior, etc)

this page is far more christian fundamentalist then anything else.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Arn't conservative people pro-war and anti-sex?

14. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
  15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    :rolleyes:

Maybe that explains it Nataraja...it's just that anything sex-related shouldn't be fun...

16. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Haha yeah, they just want us to kill each other in wars and not be able to understand how to reproduce...so we die out...

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't get conservatives. I remember someone posted a link that had parents trying to sue a teacher because she had taken them to a museum that had *gasp* statues with no clothing on.

19. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Naked statues is such an immoral sin.

20. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

its true, the christian church used to plaster fig-leafs on the penis of roman and greek statues.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.