1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Proud to be white

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Shoshino, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

University scholarships, enterance and pass rates would prove otherwise. I said 'on average' also.

A black man's skeleton is different from a white man's skeleton. Designed for a different enviroment and the black man's enviroment didn't require as much innovative thinking for survival as the white man. I'm not saying that all black people are stupid, I'm not saying that all white people are smart. I'm saying that on average a white person is smarter than a black person. Of coarse people will get upset about such a statement, despite the fact that evidence points it out as simple fact.

[edit]On a second thought I find it ironic that it was so easy to accept that a black person is physically superior (on average) to a white person yet the idea that a white person holds an advantage over a black person is something found to be repulsive. I believe this type of example is what the OP was hinting at.[/edit]

2. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

But is that a genetic or cultural factor? Statistics show that black kids get excluded from school more often, but does that mean black kids are genetically predisposed to be troublemakers?

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    We all came out of Africa. After that too little time has passed for environmental factors to have any significant impact on our evolution. Not to mention that the environment has been favourable enough for humans for us to spread all around the globe, so there really hasn't been any selective pressure worth to mention.

The statistical differences in IQ's are explainable by cultural factors and the fact that there aren't any objective ways to measure IQ's. Degrees, entrance and pass rates are also culturally determined. On the other hand, put a caucasian city dweller into the outback of Australia and see how it goes...

Jared Diamond's Guns Germs and Steel is a good reading on the subject of racial differences, human evolution and culture.

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Thats :bs: and id love to see some evidence backing that up. It is still not known how many genes control skin colour but this article shows the number to be varying depending on which study is used. I myself was taught the number was ~26. Yes i know you might just quote one of the recent news article about the new SLC24A5 gene, which controls a large part of skin colour, but not all of it.

5. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Been a long time since I have posted anyting, but I thought this should be mentioned. There is a direct relationship between poverty during childhood and lower IQs on average. This is caused by insufficient or improper nutrition during childhood. Because of this blacks, or any predominatly impovershied 'race' will have lower IQs on average than a more affluent 'race'.

In general I find race and racism to be silly concepts and ideas. Technically it would be a bad thing for me to call a black person a n*****. But why? My parents came from Russia and Canada in the early 80s. Even if there were some inharited guilt, I would have no part of it. Throwing around racial labels is a silly and escapist tactic used by people with a strong moral sense, a weak mind, and a dislike of getting up and working to solve a problem rather than...talking...about it.

I am usually content to lurk, but that just had to be said.

6. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I can't agree this. This is about cultural factors as others stated above. I want to give an example from my country. We heard of an IQ test in an eastern city in my country where mostly Kurds live. One of the questions was like this:

"Which one is different?
    a)banana
    b)strawberry
    c)kiwi
    (I don't remember the other choices)"

An average Kurdish boy living in a village or ghettos will not be able to see any of these fruits. It is impossible to get a high score from this test for a child of a poor Kurdish family. So I don't believe that such tests can measure the "intelligence" of people.

University entrance exam in my country is much worse than this test. It is basically a tool for seperating the poor from the rich.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What would you propose? An IQ test Mensa-style? Those are culturally, politically, linguistically and religiously (etc etc) neutral, but they favour mathematicians and people with concentration abilities in my oh so humble opinion.

@Morgoroth: Beating someone up after repelling the assault is excess and outside the scope of unpunishable self-defence unless you have a majorly screwed legal system in place. But the whole defensive motive seems to be lost in that case, as well as the sexual coercion, if not rape, attempt on the part of the black guy.

People who have so small cojones that they attribute any conflict between a white and a black to racial hatred on the part of the white person, are unsuitable for the position of judge. They simply have too small cojones and their politico-social fixations prevent them from sound thinking.

@Abomination: Got any stats? To dismiss your statement would be about as racist as to accept it without proof, hehe. So let me just ask for stats for now. I can't say anything because the only two black people I've ever had real life contact with have been a medical doctor and a law student.

@Dengo: You could always go for Mensa-style culturally neutral tests, but they favour mathematicians and people with geometrical abilities, as well as good concentration. For example, I get tons more points in a test that doesn't exclusively feature geometrical tasks. "What picture belongs here next," criteria are debatable IMHO and it's hard to make them impartial and logically waterproof.

[ January 28, 2007, 17:41: Message edited by: chevalier ]

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I must say that the first post is true in almost every aspect. But you also can write one the other way around.

IT sounded almost as it is in the Netherlands(holland/amsterdam for those who cannot find us on the map.

start rant: we have two problems( I know bad word) 1: blacks(sorry) from our colonies. The ones without a future are coming here. No education, big mouth, criminal record and it is our fault bcause we enslaved their great great great great great grand father/mother in the year who give a ... So pay up white boy. qouted from a discussion whit a dark co worker last month. In our wellfare system you sometimes get more money for not working than for working. (Our politics are very left sided due to ww2, and forced upon us by a leftside educational system)I know it sounds stupid but is true.

2: Muslims. Many do ok, but also many just do resist to any type of intergration. They do not learn our language, do not move to places whit others races, (we have a social housing system). They think that their muslim laws are more important than ours, so they ignore ours. And left wing politicians support them in every way because they vote on them.

Our population is now 16 million. Ten years ago 14. white children 1.5 per couple. white people leave by ten thousends per month, but still we grow in number. Holland is lost, whitin 15 years we white are the minority.

By the way can someone calculate the global white/asian/african an arabic ratio? 1/2/2/2 I believe?

Sorry for being a rasist. I am 1/4 jew.

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No it's not. It's merely bigoted and stupid. For example, since when did "honkey" and "nigger" became equally offensive slurs?

It's called solidarity. If Netherland suddenly were struck by a civil war and you were forced to flee to another country, would you not wish to at least be treated as an equal human being wherever you were forced to flee? They do not ask to be superior to you(sure, a very small amount do, but then some whities do as well so I'd say it equal out) just that they should be offered a chance to a decent life, something we in the West World have taken far too granted.

That's not the leftist politics fault, it's rather the opposite. With too low wages to the workers it's obvious that they'd rather stay home and get the same amount if not more than work and not only get less, but not be ebligable(sp?) to get any other aid which makes their standard of living even lower.

I doubt it. Sure, some of the older immigrants possibly would have troubles adapting to a completely new way of life, but wouldn't you? If you lived in a culture for your whole life for thirty years or so, would you not be a bit reluclant to adapt to a new culture, one that corrupt government of the rest of the world find a great deal of pleasure to curse? If you have been taught something is wrong your entire life, it's kinda hard to do a 180 turn just like that.

People rely on personal values more than other people's values, news at eleven.

Seriously, once again, if you moved to Saudi-Arabia with your wife for whatever reason, would you not object to her being forced to be oppressed like the women there? You probably would. Newsflash; same situation here. Cultures evolve by confrontations. Repressive stagnation within a culture do nothing but bad things.

FYI, I rely on my own values more than the laws of Sweden. I am a proponent of Piracy, I believe in complete equality for everyone, I am against many of the laws here, so I break them. It's called civil disobedience.

:rolleyes:

The only way that the immigrants would be allowed to vote would be if they had gotten citizenship, which required a knowledge of the Dutch laws and language, if I remember my Social Studies course correctly.

Besides, do you blame them for voting on the group of people that do not want to make them even worse off than before? Since you said you were a Jew, would you vote for the Nazi party? Yeah, I sincerely doubt it.

Blame your own people for moving out then.

Besides, you say it like it's a bad thing. What's wrong with a different culture arriving at your doorstep, asking you for tolerance?

And this is relevant how?

What the hell was that? I'm the same, but it doesn't change anything. Do not EVER use it as an excuse again, thank you.

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    thats what this thread is about, tolerance is not what theyre asking for, these foreign people are using their position as a minority group to a powerful position, because any word otherwise would be called racist or prejudice - and they are using that to get what they want.

and as for blacks being persecuted by whites.... yeah? so what? youll find that most cultures have been persecuted at some point

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

People are too PC these days. You can play the race card almost everytime; it has just become a total joke.

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Is that why they are almost exclusively the majority of the lowest parts of society, something years of oppression and hate have placed them? I dare you to find a Western country where immigrants are better off than the natives, economically, socially, and culturally. One single country is all I ask.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

13. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I can't decide if this thread is extremely funny or extremely sad.

So I think I'll go with both.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    This thread is in no way amusing. It's depressing that we have to have this talk in the first place. We are all humen, thus we are the same, but why do we cling to racism?

It would be better if there were no exclusive places for anyone, no defining lines for what people term a "race" of humens.

Why not just treat others how you would want to be treated? Why not forget everything you belive to be racist and wipe the slate clean. The longer this goes on, the worse it will get. If it continues, there will be differant races of humens, seprated by hatred and distrust of each other.

It was started years ago by those who belived themseves superior to others. Belived that what they did was the right. The fact that we continue to divide out nations to make exceptions for a differant "race" proves that the effects of those acts are still alive today.

I think it's wrong, its dangrous, it's supid.

This has been my :2c:

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

First rule: Racists are stupid. If they base their contempt or hatred on something so trivial as skin colour or region of origin, then they are pathetic.

Second rule: If all are created equal, then equality has to be good enough for you. If you want a "special benefit" because of skin colour or where you hail from, you are pathetic.

If all humanity could even agree on that, then that's a lot of the problem right there.

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I am not proud of being white. I am not ashamed of it either. Why should I be? I was born white, I didn't in "earn" or "deserve" my skin color, one way or the other.

Neither am I either proud or ashamed of being a man. I was born that way, I didn't earn it.

I am not proud of the historic achievements of my country or my family. They are not my achievements. It was not me who invaded Great Britain and put her to the sword more than a thousand years ago; I am no Viking. I have no right to be proud of the conquest and no duty to be ashamed of the plunder and murder and rapine. Neither am I particularly proud or ashamed of other parts of Danish history - including slavery in the West Indies, the Bloodbath in Stockholm, the Battle of Reden, resistance to the German occupation, or the official cooperation policy in World War II, etc. etc. etc. Most of Danish history happened long before I was born and I accept neither blame nor honor for it.

I am proud of what I have achieved in this life - my exams, my position, the fact that I am able to successfully run a (one-person) company and earn my own living.

If people turn up at my door and ask for a handout, I will gladly help them. But I expect them to help themselves. If they keep coming back and never make an honest effort to better their own situation, I will consider them to be "moochers" and treat them accordingly.

The latter goes for any special interest group, be it ethnic, religious, sexual or whatever, that makes special demands so they can "catch up" and then continue making demands, year in and year out, without ever showing any sign of ever catching up.

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The funny thing is that during my travels in the US my accent gave me more trouble in the white areas than the black, Asian, or latino areas. So in my experience, racism may not be exclusively a 'white thing', you do see more of it from the whites.

Thats funny as most black people that I know living in N.Ireland are doctors.

[ January 29, 2007, 12:31: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

18. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    done, come to the UK, i have trouble finding a restaurant that isnt run by immigrants, corner shops that arent run by immigrants, if i go to a hospital odds are im treated by a black doctor, my solicitor is a black lady, i know numerous black police officers - tell me that they havent been allowed to reach their potential - nothing stops them, but then i see the others who make me sick, the ones who want to live a downsided life because they revel in being 'persecuted' by a non-existant persecution.

i didnt say that they did, but likewise it shouldnt be used as an excuse either, there are many countries out there where black people persecute blacks, and white people persecute whites, that has nothing to do with racism, thats just human

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Immigrants are by definition people who haven't been around for centuries, building a family fortune. It's only logical that they don't have as much of an established presence. Should they be blocked from anything socially, let alone by the law, from which non-immigrants (to avoid calling them autochtones, which they aren't always) are not blocked? No, they should not. But neither should they be pumped up over indigenous locals. If I were to go to a different country for a better salary than in my own, I wouldn't expect to get a free community flat, bonus points on entering a doctoral programme, several tax breaks and whatnot. Hospitality is a great thing, but common sense is a greater one.

20. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Proud to be White?

Not sure there's anything to find pride in about the colour of your own skin, whatever it's colour.
    The only reason I can see for proclaiming such is if you are being persecuted for the colour of your skin and feel the need to defend it. As I've never found this to be an issue for those with white skin, I don't understand why anyone would need to make such a statement. It appears to me to show an inferiority complex because "others are doing it."

Not a particularly good example of being "better off" in my opinion. Most of them won't own the property - which will be owned by a white landlord, and I believe margins are fairly low for small retail units - it's extremely difficult to compete with the likes of Tesco.

I know from my own industry, construction, that professionals are almost entirely made up of people with White Skin. I undertake a fair number of engineering surveys of office blocks in and around London, and I would suggest the majority of people working in them are also white.
    From my girlfriends industry, pharmaceuticals/clinical research, the same applies - although to a slightly less degree as medical staff tend to be more mixed. From University, the majority of home students were white. (Although there was a large number of Chinese/Malaysian paying students.)

But do you believe that these actually propotionally represent the numbers of those races in a given area? Medicine is possibly the only area I think you have a case, and in my opinion this is because it is a particularly highly regarded career among different races. Basically if you're clever enough to do medicine, it is likely your parents would lead you down that career path.

So er.. no. I wouldn't say immigrants are "better off"

Actually I can find some evidence to back me up as well.

Full text from 1990's study

Which I read to say that ethnic minorities require higher qualifications to get the same roles as white people, and get paid less for having been through higher education.

Equality? Not yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.