1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

insta-kill everyone

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Belgarth, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Belgarth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] well here i am again, my friend is soloing soa with a fighter/mage and is skilled +++++ in two handed swords and ++ in two handed style. he has the silver sword and uses greater mailson on everyone then hits them and they die. firekrag, kagaxx, the shadow dragon and some pit fied he inavertinly summoned when down in one hit! i am wondering, kagaxx is only supposed to be hit by +4 weapons, why did he die with one hit on the silver sword?

[ August 21, 2004, 21:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

He can't. There's something reeeeeally dodgy about your...um...story, my friend. :p

3. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Spellcheck is your friend.

4. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well the first dodgy part is having a fighter/mage with gm in two handed swords, since specialized is the best they can do. Although I'm sure some mod makes it possible.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

He could be dual-classed.

6. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

Good point. Didn't think that through.

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Does the vorpal feature of the Silver Sword affects creatures that cannot be hit by the weapon? If so, then Kangaxx would die if he doesn't save against the vorpal power of the sword.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I remember someone not long ago posting that Azure Edge could also kill Kangaxx with a single hit through it's insta-kill-undead ability, even though the weapon itself is "ineffective" against him (just like Silver Sword). It could be both effects occur regardless of what the weapons can hit... though this feels like a bug more than a feature.

9. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

It is possible, though I've never tested it against Kangaxx (and have no desire to). MoD's instant kill works on liches protected by PfMW, as does a Planetar's vorpal sword, so that would certainly support the idea.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Ziad: (about Azuredge) already said it was an unfortunate mistake... haven't you read!!! ;)

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Caradhras
    Err... no I haven't read... ahem... what are you talking about? :confused:

EDIT: finally got rid of that ugly Lynx Eye! Sunstones are hotter :p

12. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Greater Malison increases the successful chance of instant death indeed, as the Silver Sword's saving throw is at -2 vs. Death and the effect's probability is 25%. So with Greater Malison, the saving throw penalty is -6.
    However, the insta-kill effect occurs only on every 4th creature on average.

"Then hits them and they die" is not too possible; however, with a high number of attacks per round, many attacks are made and with a good THAC0 and some luck, the character could kill all of the listed creatures indeed. But not with the first hit in each case, it has a *very* little chance. (not impossible though)

13. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Insta-kill goes a long way. I assume you mean "in many cases" the creatures listed are killed. When I played my dual classed Kensai-thief I insta-killed Bodhi with a 212+ hp backstab. Due to high THAC0 and fire giant strenght potions, it was indeed possible and event frequent to do so, but there is a long way to say 'my character insta-kills major players in the game'.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.