1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oh dear

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lt_peanut_girl, Nov 19, 2006.

1. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Heh . If somone wants to shoot me they have the right. I seem to have major problems with BG2 major. I wanted to down load it so it was ready so I could import my BG char and go through with her. My problem now is while attempting to test the keep items on import mod...I ran into a issue where I couldnt load the game.....I got a assertion error so I did the usual..I tried the uninstall reinstall and it doesnt seem to be working. When I uninstall via the uninstall option under accesseries it goes to a install sheild audio program. It stops at 50 % and then says its done....I restart my computer and the procces starts over again. I even tried to remove it via add remove programs but the program list still says i have it . When I try to remove that one nothing happends. I even have a unistall icon on my desk top and that one doesnt seem to work either.....Any suggestions for a totaly frustrated computer moron ?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What mods do you have?

What order are they installed (if you remember)?

There are mod conflicts that can create the problem you're having. Personally, I've never heard of the Keep All Items on Import mod; I just hit pause at the first yelp or CLUA everything in. Yes, I am a big cheater. :D

3. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31

Well lets see..I had chloe and the paladin girl ..npc mods ....ease of use and the keep items on import.......order was.....oh jees....chloe, paladin girl..( cant recall her name at this time)....eae of use and keep items on import....what is a CLUA? might save me conflict problems. I just think its silly you have to stat over..it even delevels you ...you should start with somthing on a import!

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorry for that. You aren't the only person who can't list off the mods they have, even if it's just a couple! :)

The general order for installing mods:

1. BG2: SoA (Shadows of Amn)

2. Any official SoA patches, found here; there first link)

3. Any non-WeiDu mod. WeiDu is a programming way to make BG mods. Most of the mods you find will be WeiDu and they should say so in their readme files. Chloe, Sarelith (the paladin girl), Ease of Use (EoU) are WeiDu. The non-WeiDu mods I have here is Baldurdash, which fixes some overlooked bugs by the official patches. BG2 Fixpack, found here, already has Baldurdash's fixes included.

4. WeiDu mods. They can usually be in any order. What you posted doesn't leap out at me as having conflicts due to not being installed in the right order.

CLUAconsole are a series of commands you can type in a command window after turning them on. If you want to activate these in-game cheats, here's how from Dan Simpson:
    I hope I helped and not confused you further.

5. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31

Thank you that is a good referance. I actully got the game to uninstall finaly. I looked into the CLUA just for S and G's and I couldnt find the INI file.

On a side note have you ever seen or heard of a bug that causes the protag.....even a non theif to attempt to constalty hide in shadows?

6. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Is it possible that this is a scripting error? Check to make sure your in-game scripts for the offending character(s) are set to the ones that you want; I seem to recall that when set to a theif script, even non-thieves may attempt to hide in shadows each round or so. If changing the script doesn't work, then chances are it's a mod bug. Although if this is the case, Kuemper might be able to come up with a better take on the problem; I was never much of a modder.

7. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31

I can try.

Update: Yes it was on a ranger hide if injured script. I changed it. Lets see if that works !

Oh and can somone tell me how to get to the ini file ? I opend the bg 2 folder and couldnt find it. Do I opne it actully through note pad from the start ? I tried that and still couldnt find it. I am not sure what it would be under since there is no main BG2 file or anything that I saw.

Update: That didnt work the protag still attempts to hide in shadows even as a figher / mage

[ November 21, 2006, 04:04: Message edited by: lt_peanut_girl ]

8. Sandmann Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Maybe you can't see the ini file becourse it is hidden. Use "show hidden files" as a default on your BG folder... Or you can look around with TC or something like that. Those file managers usually show even hidden files. Finally, you can execute the ini file from the command prompt with the right path provided even it is hidden; the default association is opening it with notepad.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.