1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Thoughts about cannabis?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by WiZinc, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

When I used to smoke, I never got high on the job. But when it was the end of the day, then all bets were off...

2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Have any of you guys tried vaporizing? I hear it's a lot easier on the lungs.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm for legalizing pot, as I've read several reports here in Sweden which explain that it's not as dangerous as much of the booze sold today. And, as long as that booze is legal, then pot should go the same way.

4. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Aye, it is a lot easier on the lungs if done properly. The process of vaporizing heats the cannabis to release the T.H.C. molecules but does not ignite the plant material.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes, it's MUCH more healthy. I should probably do that instead of smoking honey-covered blunts.

My bro brought me some Northern Lights #1. Great stuff. Buzz similar to Blueberry, less expensive. The nirvana?

Indeed. I completly second that.

6. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I use it often enough to be called a consumer i guess, but cannabis is legal in holland, as long as it's for your own use. :)

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    No no no no no no no. Never tried that rubbish and never will - say what you like about schools here, but most people, while stupid, are actually quite sensible. A girl was talking discomtemptly about some guy smoking marijuana today. Even my goth/emo friend refuse to smoke that stuff though he probably have, and me and my friends are completely against it.

8. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I consume cannabis and I have nothing against it. Yet, again better with self-control and our self-preservation :) . I try not to fall much under it, as I work, study and have responsobilities. Much more than when I was in high school and I could smoke all day and night without giving a fu*k.

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I don't consume cannabis and I have everything against it.

The main question I ask is "Why consume cannabis?". To me it's probably to fill some void in your life. Frankly I think relying on some type of substance to change your mood is weak and pathetic.

I have friends who smoke it and although I still respect them as friends they all know well and good that I will shun them if they are under the influence while I am around.

In the end it turns people into absolute twits and although it might be funny the first time it gets on my nerves trying to deal with them, sometimes I wish they'd just piss off and die... and don't get me started on how angry it makes me when they keep offering it to me when I've told them many times before that I've never wanted any, I don't want any and I never will want any.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good for you, Abomination and Deathmage. Good to hear there are some level-headed youngsters in NZ, like Rotku. :thumb:

11. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't take drugs, but I have nothing against cannabis and the like. I would rather see people smoking that crap than bombing women and children in foreign countries.

12. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

From the Washington Post:

Smoking marijuana protects against cancer?

13. Disciple of The Watch

I am currently smoking MJ while writing this.

Who gives a **** if weed can kill me? I certainly don't. I'm juggling work and school and it's pretty tiring, and smoking a huge honey blunt is my way of relaxing after a long, unpleasent week.

As for MJ giving or protecting against cancer, I'll say it again, who cares? Death is the only thing that is certain in this ****ing bull**** called life. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I prefer to live 60 years full of whatever defects you can think about than 100 years of a straight-edge life.

Yeah, yeah, call that an exaggeration if you want, it still reflects what I think.

14. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Disciple of The Watch, if you find your life so ****ty, maybe changing what you do would be better than to just smoke weed every now and then. If being high is the only highlight of your week or day, maybe you should ask yourself if the other stuff is realy worth doing.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, I am dropping out of that damn class in about two weeks, so already my weeks will be a little less crazy.

I cannot afford to drop work, however. Those damn bills won't pay themselves by magic, so I have little choice in the matter. I like welding, true, but not enough to make a career out of it.

At any rate, I won't be going back to school until january, which will allow me to blow some steam and also carefully think my next move in regards to school.

But back on topic, smoking MJ isn't the highlight of my day, as you would say, but is IS nontheless a way for me to chill out. I'm fairly certain my consumption of MJ will lower once I'm no longer stuck in what I'm currently.

But as for now... MJ is like Prestone; it helps me chill down.

16. Balle Gems: 19/31

i smoke frequently, not oftenly and i wouldnt legalize it, because soon enough we will have kids on heroin.
    i have also tried harder drugs like amfetamine and cocaine, not pro-legalization there either

17. Disciple of The Watch

Why would that be? That's just rehearsing the old "Marijuana is a portal to hard drugs" story. And MJ is NOT ALWAYS the said portal. Of course it HAS BEEN for some, I don't deny that. I've been smoking MJ for... uhh... hold on... seven years, I believe. I have only took ONE step higher, in shroomz, but I have NEVER done any cocaine, heroin or crap like that. The very *thought* sends shivers of disgust down my spine.

So people, MJ DOES NOT always equal trying harder drugs.

18. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That, my friends, is what we in Critical Thinking call a "slippery slope" argument. This type of argument attempts to claim that a course of action will inevitably lead to another with very little basis for this claim.

So, in layman's terms, this statement is baseless and an attempt to equate a mentally addictive low-class narcotic which can cause schizophrenia or depression in certain individuals with frequent abuse with a heavily addictive, high-class narcotic which can easily kill you with abuse, or just ruin your life through the addiction.

So, if we were to legalize cannabis, how our children magically transfer themselves to, as my Psychology teacher so eloquently put it, "mainlining the smack"?

Oh, yes, because pot and smack are exactly the same.

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just a quick clarification - unless you choke on it or suffer a catastrophic allergic reaction, weed can NOT and will NOT kill you. There's never been a single case of anyone dying of a Marijuana overdose. Ever. It simply isn't possible. Cigarettes and alcohol are both perfectly legal, and just the opposite is true. Thousands die from the abuse of both every day.

Marijuana also has no addictive properties whatsoever. So those saying marijuana is just as bad as, or "the next step" to, something as severe as heroine simply don't know what they're talking about. Heroine hooks most people with the very first hit, and it's extremely difficult to break the addiction (some say impossible). The likelyhood of overdosing on the first hit of heroine is also quite high, too.

Everyone here can rest assured that Desciple is perfectly safe, and won't be found slain by the dreaded MJ. Neither will anyone else.

20. Balle Gems: 19/31

Fair enough, i dont know why i said that, i really don't.... maybe i was drunk
    i think i had some reasons for not legalizing it but i cant remember them
    well, i'm for legalizing it as well, and might smoke more

g'day to y'all i have to go drinking now

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.