1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid woman thinks she's a "cool mom"...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Kitrax, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow, what kind of mom hosts parties, supplies beer and drugs, and also provides sex to a bunch of high school kids?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8704758/

Was she hoping her kids wouls hear something like this back at shcool?

"Hey dude, your mom is so cool! That party was off the hook! After she got me drunk (with two beers), I got to DO her! You're so cool dude!"

Yeah, I don't think so. :nono: :rolling:

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A friend of mine's mother bought him beer because she didn't want him to start with drugs, but I don't think that's quite the same :p .

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

She wasn't trying to be a 'cool mom', she was trying to be popular in high school. She wasn't able to when she went, so she decides to revisit her youth by screwing her kid's friends!?! She should be locked up, if not in prison then at least at a mental institution.

There's no way that her actions could possibly have helped her kid's reputation. On the contrary, they would be shunned due to being associated with the neighborhood slut. Can you imagine the taunts they would have to endure?

No, she did this for herself, and noone else. She should not be permitted to have (or even be near) children.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Would it be so unacceptable if they had been sevenTEEN, eighTEEN, or maybe nineTEEN? I don't know how it is in Colorado, but at least in Texas even those are considered to be "underage children." Based on my own experience, some of the older ladies just find 19-year old men pretty unresistable, so maybe after a few cups of wino she kind of lost her control and one event followed another... :D

Also, they didn't say what those drugs were. Aspirin? Heroine? Sugar? What? In any case, I would be rather critical towards that article... :hmm:

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Methamphetamine. Said it in the article. Definitiely NOT cool.

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Not cool!

Oh lord, if my mum behaved like that, I would have to live the rest of my life in shame. Doesn't she realize what she's doing to her son? Another thing, if some of friends got to it, and f**ked my mother, then they would end up being my ex-friends...

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Not really smart on her part. The "friends" those actions attracted would have been simply using her child to get what they wanted, and would drop him when this blew up (no pun intended)...

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

On one hand its a school boys dream (older woman and all that), but then again, most women should not make such fantasies come true, especially if it involves drugs!

I really feel sorry for her son, but I cannot help but think he was aware of what was happening...

Edit:

I just found something much worse:

http://www.wpxi.com/family/4772624/detail.html

22 year old was able to marry a 14 year old girl in Kansas with her parents permission!

[ July 27, 2005, 10:10: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    From Chuc's article:

I kind of agree with this. While you can debate the reasonableness of a 22-year old wanting to have sex with a 13-year old, now that the two have married, it seems to me that the sex was consensual. This girl is already going to have some difficult times being only 14 and trying to raise a child. I don't see how putting her husband into prison is going to improve the situation in any way.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree with the prosecution, how can a marriage erase a pedophiles actions? They should charge the parents for helping the man continue his illegal activities.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, guys (Aldeth and joacqin), you both have a point there. With laws such as the age of consent, one really has to take into consideration the age difference apart from the age deficiency on the younger party's part. Marriage only suggests that it was consensual in the sense that it wasn't coerced in a violent way, while it still doesn't deal away with informed consent and other such criteria. Marriage is often treated as a way of fixing things after unwanted pregnancy occurs, so it could work the same in this case, couldn't it? Nonetheless, putting the husband into prison and preventing him from supporting the wife against whom he is supposed to have offended isn't exactly justice in its best. The ideal way, IMHO, would be passing a normal sentence commuted or pardoned afterwards. I don't know the rules for suspending prison sentences in that jurisdiction but that could also work.

Heck, but a 22 year old having sex with a 13 year old is not just a young guy trapped by consent laws. It's sick. Unless the girl looks and behaves much older. Sometimes they mature quickly and you can't tell if they're 13 or 17, but that's a rare occurence.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

This mother sounds like the parent of several kids that were in my high school. They're all worthless now.

She's doing nothing but screwing up her kids. This woman should certainly not be raising children. Truth be known, though, I'll bet a pretty high percentage of the people in this world shouldn't have kids.

13. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

This proves, yet again, that the world has an endless supply of idiots.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Chev,

I agree that there is something wrong about a 22-year old having sex with a 13-year old. I don't know how the specific law is written in Kansas/Nebraska/wherever this took place, but generally speaking the consent ages work like this:

12 and under can't consent to sex - always child abuse
    13-15 can consent to sex if the person you're having sex with is within 4 years of your age.
    16+ can consent to sex with anyone.

Obviously this girl falls into the second category. Given that the age difference between her and the guy is 9 years, it clearly is illegal. But to me, there is an aspect of justice that should go beyond the simple "letter of the law" approach. Is there a possibility that this guy isn't a pedophile? The fact that they got married suggests that he actually loves this girl. Secondly, the girl obviously cares for him if she wanted to get married.

Finally there is this consideration: the girl is making a very brave decision to keep this baby. So who are we really punishing if we send this guy off to prison? Certainly him, by locking him up for a number of years, but I would also argue that we are punishing the girl, and the baby to come. Certainly this man can do more good being out of prison and working to help support his family than he can behind bars. And simply put, unless they are relying completely on the parents for support, the 22-year old is the only one who can get a real job. At 14, the girl isn't even old enough to be hired at most workplaces.

15. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wow, where was this mom when I was 14 and my hormones were raging? Forget the drugs and booze. LOL Honestly though, some people should not be allowed to have children.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Aldeth:

I would still make difference between lack of consent and invalid (vitiated) consent, but I suppose that's being done. Also, on one hand, I wouldn't bicker over days or months. On the other hand, concede a day and you will consider another day because the principle will continue to be, "it's just one day away from the previous limit."

IMHO, a 20 year old can get attracted to a 15 year old. Perhaps a 22 year old could, but the girl would have to be sort of quickly maturing or whatever. Girls aged 14-15 can look like adults, so it's not unhealthy to be attracted. Unhealthy is to value your own sex drive above their proper development needs. It may be unhealthy to continue to want sex after learning the girl's real age.

One more thing. I suppose the original idea is that minors shouldn't have sex; not that minors shouldn't have sex with grown-ups. Therefore, perhaps we should speak about people within 4 years being exempt from criminal responsibility (no point putting kids behind bars for screwing each other) rather than minors being entitled to consent to sex with them.

BTW, wonder if the woman had watched American Pie before. :rolleyes:

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I used to know a woman who smoked pot with her 15 yr old son. I think she started smoking pot with him when he was about 13. Her reasoning was that it kept him at home where he was safe and not doing drugs with other kids who could get him into trouble. I never told her that possibly she might have her priorities mixed up even though she was adament that she was doing the best thing for her son.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.