1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quick level up at beginning!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by sorvo, Sep 19, 2001.

1. sorvo Guest

Before you leave candlekeep force attack firebead elvenhair. He's worth 2500 XP and he has enough gold to raise your rep back up!

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] hehe, nice :p

I think you should roleplay the game instead of thinking of the XP, gold or items you can get from killing different people or monsters.

Though... playing evil could let you do all that by roleplaying as well, mwuhahahhaha :evil::evil::evil:!

3. Silverblade Guest

I agree with Lokken, good (and neutral) characters shouldn't do this. I killed him once, but only with a party of six, I never succeded killing him alone. His equipment is nice, though.

4. sorvo Guest

You don't really kill him because he shows up again in Beregost. Then you can decide to be good or evil!

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] As far as I know you can't pick up stuff from someone who's knocked unconscious, so he has to be killed in Candlekeep before you can take his items and get XP.
    Someone could of course resurrect him, but I doubt he would be friendly toward you

Conclusion: Can you say game flaw :nolike:

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 19, 2001).]

6. sorvo Guest

It is a game flaw! I meant you do kill him but he shows up again, so its like you never killed him! Then If you kill him again he's gone for good.

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

*sigh*

I tihnk you should RPG through all of the game, not just exploit some game flaw because you *know* you will get a chance to "roleplay" later on. What kinda RPG'ing is that.

No offense of course, it's your game, I just think it funnier to RPG all the way.

8. sorvo Guest

I think its fun figuring out ways of exploting the game without going into the console and changing it, but if your that hardcore so be it!

9. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

yeah lokken you say roleplay but in the end it is just a computer game. A bunch of pixels. UYou can do what you want with it and i love killing everyone i find to see what happens!

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

geez, please, if you like it, play it that way! :)

it's not like it's going to spoil my day or anything, I was just saying that *I* and me alone, like roleplaying it, even if it's a computer game, because I tihnk that is the most entertaining way of playing it.
    Everyone has right to their opinion, I'm just stating mine

11. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

first i agree with lokken, yet if u need xp during to the basilisk area and get korax the ghoul

[This message has been edited by [sOv]Storm (edited September 21, 2001).]

12. Magnus_G Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] How in the world did you defeat him solo?! I saved and tried just to see if your idea worked and I died in a split second.

Edit:
    Curses! I'm a goblin now, I always liked being a mysterious watcher!

[This message has been edited by Magnus_G (edited September 21, 2001).]

13. sorvo Guest

I guess you need higher stats!;)

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I know, old topic, but perhaps someone does a search for this. :)

To defeat Firebead best use a bow. Take a shot, then run up the stairs, wait and then run down for another shot. Keep at it and beware Agannazar's Scorcher!

15. sorvo Guest

There is a item upstairs that will help you a lot;)

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I killed him once, since I thought he was a traiter! and since I got so much experience for that I couldn't complain :).

Later, I restarted for a few resons and that time I let him live...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.