1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which fight are you more proud of? (or the hardest?, or the funniest?)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Maincarast'รจ, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Bang Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hi,

one of the trickiest fighting and battle things I had managed to do is this:

In your first battle against the whole bunch of vampires in Bodhis lair under the graveyard you were welcomed by a mage called Haz, who were there to open the door for you...

As a Cavalier-Paladin I couldn't accept that Haz was going to die in the following fights...I don't remember how often I have to reload, may be 6 or 7 times, but finally he survived the whole battles through, in hardcore mode... :p

Few weeks later, when we came back, to fight against Bodhi for the Rhynn Lathorne, he was even there, greeting us, at the entrance of the graveyard area... :)

2. PsiVen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As a solo mage so far this game:

Hardest fight - Tolgerias. I fought him at level 11, without 6th level spells or any summoning abilities. It took tons of reloading to first interrupt his Horrid Wilting (he killed me pretty much instantly with that), and then find a way to get past his Power Word: Kill while preventing the mage from summoning a Nishruu. I ended up allowing the Mage to summon some critters and used my Ring of Human Influence to charm one of the Ogrillons (I think) into taking the hit from PW:K, and Thrusted my way through the Mage's defenses. After quickly dispatching him, I was able to down Tolgerias' own defensive magic long enough to get him to Almost Dead; but I had to run before long or he'd Stun and Maze me.
    I ended up running off and resting, and when I came back he was fully healed. Whoops. It was a lot trickier to get past PW:K this time; I think I just relied on getting a lucky crit.

Most Ironic - Just now. Fighting an indeterminate amount of Rune Assassins by running down the staircase and luring them back up into my trap of two nasty Air Elementals. They would keep going invisible and trying to backstab me, so I figured I'd beat them at their own little ambushing game. I killed at least 5-6 before I got sloppy and trapped myself in the stairwell. I couldn't maneuver my elementals out of the way fast enough, and my protection spells chose that moment to wear down... Oops.
    I reloaded and the rest of the Assassins didn't show - there was only a couple of them. Grrr, I wanted that experience!

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I dont remember which fight it was, but I once had Viconia cast that area affect 'Smite Evil' type spell.
    Babe got her ass whipped by her own spell!!!

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

My all-time favorite fight was against the Shadow Dragon. I had Kelsey and Jan with me at the time, and I Kelsey's Contingency (which was set for Greater Malison on sight) went off. Lowered saving throws = thumbs up. Here's the fun part: I realized that I had forgotten to fill Jan's spellbook, so I cast the most advanced spell he had memorized at the time; Chromatic Orb. A second and a half later, there was a dead dragon at Minsc's feet, just after he took his first swing :D

Talk about a lucky roll of the dice :p

5. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    @Jhonka: :D

That had to be the weirdest battle you've had. I'm laughing my ass off reading this :D

6. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Killing a dragon with a level 1 spell is always fun.

The time I had Imoen and Aerie both set with 3x Horrid Wilting Contigencies in the Twisted Rune.

Shangalar: Stop.
    Aerie does x damage to Shangalar
    Imoen does y damage to Shangalar
    Shangalar: Death

Of course, then I got owned by the rest of the rune, but still.

7. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was recently very proud of my battle against the adventures in the sewers and against the unseeing eye. I wiped them out fairly easily and took minimal damage, only to find out that I had it on Normal Rules. Whoops!

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    LMFAO!

9. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Can you make a Red Leicester Flail and a Blue Vein Short Sword as well?

First time I ran into Illithids, I didn't know how to protect against them. I slogged through the Illithid city in the Underdark with NO defences and about 10,000 reloads. When my Assassin killed one of the Ulitharid guards with a vicious backstab and then poisoned the Elder Brain, I felt like Death Incarnate.

Mind Flayers + no party protections = serious grief.

Finally killing the Improved Twisted Rune was like winning a marathon. That @$%#&* Shangalar and his Chain Contingency caused me no end of grief until I managed to time a double-Sunray perfectly and blasted him into oblivion. The rest were not much trouble (except Layene, who abuses the Staff Of The Magi like a human player would, but Keldorn sorted her out).

10. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My favorite was at the elder orb brain, I was using a wild mage, (yes, I know, TOB I'm sorry but it's just funny) and cast time stop, well of course it decided at that moment to go the wild "area affect". so everyone in the room, my 6 party members and the elder brain's minions and himself, all got a time stop to ourselves LOL, we actually went through all 11 or so timestops without anyone dying, but I got some seriously awsome amounts of shots off with my archer, but by the time the last time stop was done... the enemies were wiped out so fast... it rocked haha.

11. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Most memorable fight? Well, my memory is bad but I remember it was quite cool anytime someone attacked my SK SuperDuperUltraMega-Sorcerer (25 in all stats, dualwielding Hindos doom and some other good Katana, around -90 THAC0 and SK spells)

Just cast Death Field and everyone in the whole map dies, no save.

Not realy fun though...

12. nightwood Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I was quite proud when i was able to get rid of all those mind-flayers in the underdark for the first time, because at that time i didn't know that you could turn them into cheap meat with a single "chaotic command" spell. so i had to keep them away with summons etc. they finished me off so many times so when i finally had them all into pieces ...... whoooooooa !!!!

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

:doh: I never knew what to do against illithids (except give them an extra helping of cold steel and fiery balls) until now, I just wackified them all manually, both times through... and it was tough but satisfying to be sure - and now I keep hearing that there is some way to protect oneself, or to otherwise goo-ify them quite simply... some explain the exact machinations of this please?
    :borg:

14. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Here's how: You must have a fighter with AC -10 or something, cast Chaotic Command on him and he will be immune to their psionic attacks! Then, gulp some genius potions to have at least Int 20, because each time an Illithid hits you, you lose 5 int , and they will always have criticals. Be sure to have spare potions of Genius in your quick items just in case. Of course, in fight, focus on Illithids! Leave the Umber Hulks for later. Don't mess with other party members, go with only one good character.

15. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Something tells me my assassin/mage will have a har time agaist them without Chaotic command. Not!

Easyest way: backstab/hide(or invisibility)/backstab and so on... easy as goblin pie

16. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31

[​IMG]
    Try doing it with a 11/12 mage theif, Minsc(who is all gung-ho about killin' stuff), Jaheria(who has her own problems with the way I run things :nolike: ...like the fact I won't let her walk front of me), Aerie(who dies w/ one hit), Jan(who annoys Anomen in the middle of every fight about twenty times :hmm: ) and Anomen(who complains, naturally :help: ). Just got there. We were all very fricking tired :sleep: , outta potions and basically running from other very difficult fight with wyverns...big ones :aaa: . And the fanatics that came with them, loaded with alot. Fight after fight after fight. It went like this: Werewolves (or Wolfweres, can't remember), Wyverns & their freaks (run boo run!) :wail: Adamite golem & rakshas greet us in the elven city :( ....a fricking lot of the buggers too. Throw in a few orcs, spiders, wildcats, and shadow creatures, and you have yourself the funniest three hours of your life...if it wasn't your party who were being chased halfway across Amn, of course. :heh:

[ August 10, 2004, 20:47: Message edited by: ShaineCoradara ]

17. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I don't know if I'm proud exactly....

I finally managed to beat Demogorgon, but unfortunately he had charmed Sarevok.
    Sarevok attacks CHARNAME and of course he makes a Deathbringer Assault. :rolleyes:

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Dragon fights...I love annihilating the little critters. :cool: :cool:

Especially when I have my sorcerers or mages go against them solo...its a blast.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I was proud when I slew the dragon in Saradush without much preparation or reloads.

20. Korgal the Strong Gems: 2/31

i burst with pride after whooping DG ass. i always use to put down spike traps but felt guilty because lots of people i talk to said that was cheap. then i resolved to kill him legit(gotta love that 100000 xp). i was so proud when my energy blades took him down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.