1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Stuff you wouldn't like your daughter to wear... poll!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by chevalier, Apr 14, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Options are simple. For males:

1. I hang around women who dress like I wouldn't like my daughter do dress or behave like I wouldn't like my daughter to behave.

2. I don't hang around women who dress like I wouldn't like my daughter to dress or behave like I wouldn't like my daughter to behave.

For females:

1. I dress like I wouldn't like my daughter to dress and behave like I wouldn't like my daughter to behave, to get guys' attention.

1. I don't dress or behave like I wouldn't like my daughter to dress or behave.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 37 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Stuff you wouldn't like your daughter to wear... poll! (37 votes.)

Males: (Choose 1)
    * I hang around women who dress like I wouldn't like my daughter do dress or behave like I wouldn't like my own daughter to behave. - 32% (12)
    * I don't hang around women who dress like I wouldn't like my daughter to dress or behave like I wouldn't like my own daughter to behave. - 51% (19)
    * I am female or I don't want to vote. - 16% (6)

Females: (Choose 1)
    * I dress like I wouldn't like my own daughter to dress and behave like I wouldn't like my daughter to behave, to get guys' attention. - 0% (0)
    * I don't dress or behave like I wouldn't like my own daughter to dress or behave. - 8% (3)
    * I am male or I don't want to vote. - 92% (34)

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Depends on how old my 'daughter' is.

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

People usually dress very modestly here, except when they go to nightclubs, but I usually don't associate with that crowd anyway.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Um... I think it is extremely difficult to answer these questions because every person will have a different definition of what is appropriate in a given situation. What some people might see as slutty and something that they wouldn't want their daughter to dress like, others may see as normal. For example, if you see nothing wrong with women wearing low-cut blouses and short skirts, you may not have a problem with your daughter wearing such things either. So you would then go with option #2, even though that is certainly not the intent of the question.

I did answer #2, not for the reason listed above, but simply because I'm married, and so I tend not to do much socializing with any woman (beyond typical work-related activities) regardless of how they are dressed.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    My exact point. That's why I made it relative. Not trying to touch on any objective standards of sluttiness. :D

And the rest also goes exactly as I wanted. Hehe. Well, not trying you what I wanted, am I? Not yet, at least. Shh.... ;)

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me. :)

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I started to write a post but this is such a stupid thread so I reckon I will add to the stupidity with this post. :)

[Next time, don't bother.] -Tal

[ April 15, 2005, 11:19: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Even Stevens.

I really don't care what my daughter decides to wear though. Where's that option?

9. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

My answer was #2, being married as well as having a daughter.

Mom and I are not too restrictive on how our daughter dresses, though it's understood we hold "final veto" power over what she chooses.

10. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

None of my female (or male) friends wear anything remotely risque in terms of clothing. Neither do they behave in any way that could be construed as unacceptable.
    (Of course, the exception probably being those who feel they have a right to dictate other peoples private lives)

One of my cousins has been known to attend the annual London "rubber ball", a fetish party and probably about as risque as clothing gets. Although I have no intention of having children, I wouldn't have a problem with one of them attending.

11. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I voted for #2. I generally wear clothes that are "moderately" revealing (though certainly not by today's standards), but for comfort more than to attract anybody. I'd have no problem with my daughter wearing the same clothes as me. But I'm still in high school and so having kids is a long way off, and I probably won't want to anyway, so this is all really a moot point. Just wanted to add my two cents' worth.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

As a male, I voted 1. 'Course I'm thinking in relation to my sister as I'm childless right now (Thank God) and plan to be so for a good many years to come ;)

hehe funny "option 3" for both sexes :D making allowances for females trapped in males and males trapped in females? :p

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Okay, I voted 1 (I'm male), mainly cos the girls round here don't even wear t-shirts. We're talking buttoned right up to the neck stuff.
    What a waste. No wonder I'm single.

14. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hmmm. Voted 1b, 2c.
    But according to results there are 4 - 1c votes, and 2 votes for summary of 2a and 2b. So how many womens voted ? 2 or 4 ? Or probably someone is having fun with this poll...

15. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ chevalier:
    What is the purpose of your question?

I answered:
    The expression "hang around" is pretty vague IMO. If some of my women friends were to dress in a more provocative outfit than I would be comfortable seeing my (hypothetical) daugther in that doesn't mean that I would "declare our friendship null and void". But in the same time that doesn't necessarily mean that I would find her or her dress attractive.

But generally speaking people, including my friends, can dress in any way they like - and, to stay within the frame of this thread, I would rather have a "slutty" than an intolerant daughter... if I were to choose that is.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whoa. and where exactly is the land of the living dead? :D

17. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ Enagonios:

LOL! Just look for the country with the highest suicide rating among young men...

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

It's near the land of leprechauns, actually. But no, Norfolk. And I'm discounting chavs, because they, well, don't count really.

19. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Raising this thread from the dead...
    Hmmm. I guess it's funny when you walk around on the streets. You have a mental image of what is acceptable, and what is not in terms of clothing, you see the scantily clad women, chastise them in your head, think to yourself that you wouldn't want your daughter, sister, girlfriend, anyone close, to wear such clothing, lest they be considered cheap and slutty. And yet, it comes as a shock that your daughter or sister actually dresses in such a way, and there is nothing you can do about it…

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

What some regard as cheap and slutty, may be found sexy by others. It also depends on the type of woman who's wearing it. I definitely don't want to see a huge woman in a miniskirt, but if the woman has a nice figure and a pair of long legs, there's no problem at all. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.