1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jackson's Trial

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Taluntain, Mar 13, 2005.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I think Jackson will "walk" on this one.

I also think that CNN isn't going to stop broadcasting American domestics, to Europe, anytime soon.

On that same note, I don't think CNN is going to start broadcasting European domestics, to America, anytime soon. Other than the Odd one or two, it's bare pickin's.

<rant>
    You know, that's the one thing that really pisses me off. Not that I can read french well enough to understand the issue (God, I used to be naive). But that http://fr.news.yahoo.com/ is available to everyone without Yahoo filtering things. Cnn, on the other hand, is not so generous with it's...foreign marketing, such that Americans should not be allowed to see Region-2 encoding without a European IP.

Sure, sure. I could just use a proxy to pull it up. But Reuters is Reuters. One left-wing granola eating media outlet is just as good as the next. If I could remotely read the Il Manefesto, I'd take a look at it, too.
    </rant>

2. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    CNN, a left-wing media outlet? How so? Sorry, for a short moment there, I thought you were serious. My bad.

3. Uncle Spanky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

No offense, but I like my news to be actually important and not fluff "Paris Hilton, Micheal Jackson, Martha Stewart, Paris Hilton, Martha Stewart, Micheal Jackson..."

People dying, important new legislation being drafted, international intrigue, and people want to hear about this garbage.

No offense, but this is really not news.

4. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

It's so unfair. Just because someone makes several hundred million dollars and looks like a zombie, some people think he shouldn't be allowed to molest small children. There's no justice.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It's so unfair. Just because someone makes several hundred million dollars and looks like a zombie, some people think he is immediately guilty of child molestation charges. There's no justice.

Works both ways Cernak. It might be morally 'wrong' to sleep in the same bed as a minor but it isn't illegal. If there's no law against doing somethen then you're free to do it. That's the way the system works.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @DW - I agree. That was the "he's definitely crazy" part of my previous post. The man definitely has issues that he has to deal with in some way. Like I said though, without actually being in the court room and hearing the details of the case (and we know only a tiny fraction of what has been shown to the jurors) I'm not comfortable with saying he's a child molestor - at least not yet.

7. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Those who are highest in life have the furthest to fall and everyone loves to see a famous person fall and fall hard.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just one question, to the people who have kids or similar: is a crime take a kid to SLEEP with you? hey, after all, is just sleeping; I think this trial is just a matter of money and propaganda. I don't think no kid were molested at all, I think that some greedy parents saw an opportunitie and they get it. And I'm not deffending MJ.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't know about all this kiddie fiddling business, but the guy is about as stable as a 3 legged rocking horse. He should be confined somewhere, as much for his own good as anyone elses.

He's also not fit to bring up his children.

10. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The rumors have been flitting around for years. His own sister made some suggestive, but oblique, remarks. Rumors aren't facts, of course. What is a fact is that MJ shelled out a couple of million to the parents of a small boy the last time this question came up. You can argue blackmail, but frankly, hush money seems more likely. "Not Proven", as they say in Scottish courts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.