1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Could You Kill Somebody?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

2. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

1) Maybe, but most likely not
    2) Hire a hitman :p

3. Lord Sven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, if it is the wish of the patient I would relieve him out of his/hers suffering... But in a humane way, not by smothering or so... Jezus, you're trying to relieve her of her suffering, not to first increase it...

"You know for a fact he is guilty."
    If I knew that, that would mean I would have been the cop investigating the case (Else there would have been no way I knew it for sure, or that he would ahve gotten away with it), and chances are that he 'resisted' arrest and thus never made it to the courtroom...

4. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

1)Even though it would hurt to see the person suffering, I don't think I could do it.

2)I've been there, sad to say...No kidnapping or beating, but what made it really horrible was the fact that the perpetrator was a man whom I considered to be almost my brother. This was the closest I've come in my life to actually wanting to end another person's life. It's amazing what kinds of twists and turns your mind goes through when you contemplate what you could do, how painful and slow you could make this person's demise (and how you could get away with it). However, I let the law work for me, and the scum was NOT found innocent...

5. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1. No.

2. With my bare hands. It's scary to think of it, but like my friend Carl said "You'd never think you could kill someone until your child grabs your finger in her hand."

6. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

1)No

2)"Let's do it, quick and painful" :flaming:

Most of the living deserve death, and some of the dead deserve life.It's hard to judge,but if someone deserves death for his\her crimes,but he\she is very powerful, so justice can't punish him\her,killing him\her will be a pleasure.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

1) No. Although I do agree she has a right to end her own life it is still against the law for me to assist her. I will follow the law of the land and I can get on with my life even though I don't agree with this particular law.

2) No. There is no death penalty in New Zealand for a start so even if he was tried and convicted he wouldn't be killed. However, I would make it my life's work to prove that the courts/jury got it wrong but this would only be if it was 100% true that the man in question raped and killed my daughter. Even if I 'knew' he did these crimes I wouldn't take it on myself to kill him, I might still have another child and my daughter wouldn't want their brother or sister to be fatherless because of their death, my family has already suffered enough.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1) I don't know.. probably not.

2) Yes. But I'd have to plan very well beforehand in order not to get caught, and to be able to kill very slowly and painfully.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

If you steal my beer...most definitely. :D

10. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

1) Maybe. Depends on quality of treatment, level of pain, and estimated life left.

2) Definitely.

11. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

1) I would give her a couple of days to concider if she realy wanted to die. If she said yes, I'd probably have her sign some sort of paper that gave me the right to kill her (or supply her with a suicide pill that she herself chooses if she wants to swallow it, so that I wont get busted)

2) I would kill him, not sure about torturing him though. Perhaps permanently paralyzing him from the neck and downwards and let him live.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Mind you, these are mostly hypothetical, I don't know how I'd act in real life.
    1. I think if she wants it, and she is in such a pain, I suppose I could get her some sleep pills or something else, which she could use. If necessary, I would help her.
    2. I would do my best to make sure he is punished. If depends what has happened in court, really. If they need more evidence, I'd try to get it; if he isn't punished because he has some connections in court or in some other way can't be tried, I suppose I would try to kill the bastard.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.