1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Kangaxx was easy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Song, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

You just send in one fight with the mace? I'd think you'd get whupped pretty quickly unless you have A LOT of other tricks up your sleeve.

2. Gueng Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Now that I thought about it a bit, I seem to remember that the Mace of Disruption did not work on the first lich in that fight, but downed the Demilich on the first or second shot, before he could Maze (or Imprison, whatever it was) anyone.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Actually, Mace of Disruption+1 can't even scratch Kangaxx nor some vampires...

You have to improve it to version +2 - that mace kicks ass.

4. TheBully Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Extremist - I havnt been able to kill Kangass at all, I read from your post about ShadowKeeper so thought it would be ReAL CoOL to download it and make me charZ 25 everything with 7 abilities in weopon and a ReAL PoWErFuL wopon in both hands. But no kangaxe would not die and stayed on near DeAtH, that were a bummer he would not change to demolitch.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I will never understand why people think an all-25 char is fun to play or a garant to a successful fight <shakehead> yes, he will have a good punch .... but imagine: there are people killing kangax with far weaker chars .... I really wonder why :D :p

6. TheBully Gems: 3/31

>>>I will never understand why people think an all-25 char is fun to play or a garant to a successful fight<<<

Yeah its ruins the challenge quite a bit if you cheat and give your self a overly powerful party. I much prefer having to try different tactics with the weapons and abilities I have earned during the game it much more rewarding that way. The hardest battle Ive overcome so far was the illithids in the sewers they were wiping me out in seconds until I devised a plan to put mazzy upfront to keep them in the doorway (she stands up better to the mind spells) while i fired fireballs and used ranged weapons set with fire damaging ammo stinking clouds etc.

Now where would the fun be in just walking in there and wiping them out in seconds.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

TheBully, just a quick tease - but I'm serious.

I'll make a char with all stats at minimum who will defeat your all25 hero. Do you believe me? And of course, I won't use that :-X util for that.

Kangaxx has to be attacked with +4 and +5 weapons - that's the secret. There's nothing about your stats in his case.
    And forget some magic immunity scrolls or spells (available at Ribald's, of course).

[Edit]
    Forgot to say that although Mace of Disruption +2 seems to be +2 only, it is in fact enchanted +5 weapon.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 27, 2001).]

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Exactly, Extremist! Bully, your all-25 stats are thoroughly useless if you don't use the appropiate weapon or a smart tactic for the appropiate opponent. With monster stats like that you'll probably play a fighter char.

Well, there are lot's of nasty creatures even in SoA that can kill everything very quick. I can, for example very well imagine a physically weak cleric, sorcerer or mage teaching such a beast a lesson in respect and real power. Even little Aerie could kill your beast.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 27, 2001).]

9. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I am SO happy I finally killed that darn lich that I just have to tell how I did it. As we used to say in the army, "put on your helmet, boys, I'm telling a war story".

I put Aerie on one side of him and Jan on the other. Aerie had the Mace of Disruption, which didn't hurt him, but it didn't matter as she was just a decoy. Jan then hammered at his knees with the Staff of the Magi. Sometimes Kangaxx would try to imprison Aerie, sometimes Jan, but it rolled right off their spell immunities to Abjuration, which I cast before going downstairs. Meanwhile, Mazzy approached with Daystar and stood at an arm's length from both Aerie and Jan, right between them but enough further from Kangaxx that he didn't try to imprison her instead, and cast Sunray. Ta-da! Jan's coup de grace was 1 point of damage- but it was 1 point too many for Kangaxx.

Bwahahahaha!

10. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I refuse to fight Liches, macig is frustrating, *shrug* guess thats just me.

Oh, Tal...

n0 l337 h4><0r 5p34|<? 7h353 f0ru/\/\5 5U><0rz!!!!!!!!!11111

[This message has been edited by Septic Yogurt (edited July 27, 2001).]

Very funny Sep. AOL-level comment. Did you change ISPs? ;)

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 27, 2001).]

11. Gueng Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You don't need to do damage with the Mace of Disruption for its effect to take place. I *know* that I downed the demilich with the Mace of Disruption +1. The lich was a pain, but after I beat him, everyone was pretty beat down and spells were exhausted, I just sent a hasted fighter up with the mace and took out the demilich. Pop him up with the CLUAConsole, that'll prove it.

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What the heck was Septic saying? Are there people that actually converse like that?

[He said "No elite (leet) hacker (haxor) speak? These forums suck! (suxorz) - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 27, 2001).]

13. DemoGorgon Guest

Can you please explain where to find and kill this guy again? PLEASE!
    I've have never even heard of this quest.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Go to the Docks District. There is a house next to Mae'Var's guildhouse that has a locked and trapped door. Go in there. There should be Minotaurs inside. Go down the stairs. Click on the sarcophagus and talk to Kangaxx, he will ask you for a favor.

Oh, by the way, there is a search engine for these boards in case you weren't aware. You can find the answers to many questions by using it (especially about Kangaxx).

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 27, 2001).]

15. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

SPOILER:
    I've also noticed that Ribald offers two scrolls of magic resistance (100% for 10 turns) . . . tends to make this battle a tad easier, if you can afford them and the Staff of Rhynn(sp?).

16. Thorr Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] It's something strange about this scrolls. It's suppose to last for 10 round, that mean 60 seconds real-time, right? I used one of them on Minsc, who had Daystar and Mace of Disruption +2. After he killed Kangaxx from one shoot :), I went in the Bridge District for Shangalar&co.
    Protection from magic last for the whole battle, definely more than 10 rounds.
    BTW: it was weird and fun. The Beholder try to charm Anomen, who had Shield of Balduraan, and did it to himself. After that he started to shoot spells on Layene, Shangalar and vampire. The demon gated by Layene atacked the Beholder, and Meteor Swarm hit everyone except my party. In the end, I deal with a "near death" company.

17. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think the scroll lasts 10 full turns (10 rounds per turn), not 10 rounds, no?

18. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Indeed! The twisted rune is the one of the few opportunities to use these powerful scrolls. In the unpatched version of the game all imbunements made by items, like the girdle of ...giant strenght were disabled. After installing the patch these permanent bonuses will stay, which makes these scrolls extremely powerful.

19. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

now do it without ctrl-y :p

20. fuoco Gems: 3/31

I tried this battle again yesterday and it is really really really easy if you have a berserked korgan in your party wielding crom f and hitting daylights out of kang. Man, Dragons are way harder in comparison.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.