1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Kangaxx was easy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Song, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Song Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I took care of him after the Underdark so I had the collars to use. First I killed him as a normal lich, then I charmed him with the collar and moved him up against the wall to screen weaker party members if anything went wrong. Then I took his ring. Next I summoned a fire element and sent Kangaxx attacking it thus making it go red. However Kangaxx was still on my side and I kept moving him around so that he wouldn't start attacking the element. Then I summoned another fire element and attacked Kangaxx with full power when his sign read "Near death" so I wouldn't miss out on the experience. Pretty cool eh?

2. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

An interesting method for dealing with Kangaxx. Although I had beaten him with Jaheira and her fire elemental "friends" early in chapter 3, using the ring of the Ram + elementals hasted+ Jaheira wielded the staff of Rhynn+fire giant strenght; the two fire elementals had both scored critical hit (6,5; 8;4); Jaheira dealed out(4, 3, 5); and the ring of the Ram dealed out 28 damage. It was a big luck because Kangaxx fell in one round. That's what I call cool! :p

3. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

LOL. That was the most original strategy about killing Kangaxx I have heard in a long time.

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited July 18, 2001).]

4. Song Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Do you know how bad I wanted to tell someone when I first got the idea? This community is great, none of my friends are into computer games. Finally someone who comments on the real issue instead of giving you a blank stare.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Blank stare . . . :confused:

Kangaxx? What's that, some fancy watch from Switzerland? My Time-Axx is fine for me!

:D (sorry, couldn't resist)

6. NAZAR Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] WHO IS KANGAAX? Never even heard of him mayB i even beat him but did not know it was him.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh that'd be novel. I haven't seen a headline I Beat Kangaxx And Didn't Even Know It yet. Guaranteed to bring in a lot of people looking. :p

P.S.
    NAZAR, spell words like you were taught in school. Maybe is maybe and not mayB. Same goes for all other tries of "l33t" spelling. Go read the forum rules about it.

Thanks for the correction Gonzago!

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 22, 2001).]

8. NAZAR Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I have finished BG 2 Seven times and Never even heard of Kangaxx. I am serious. I have Encountered 4 dragons in The Game Plus The One In The Underdark. Did I miss One?????????

IF SO PLEASE TELL ME BECAUSE I WANT TO BEAT HIM

NAZAR 17th LEVEL Undead Hunter.

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Spoiler:

Kangaxx isn't a dragon, he's a very hard demi-lich. To fight him, you need to defeat the shade lich who is hanging around by the unseeing eye district and get the golden arms, and defeet the elemental lich in the bridge district and get the golden torso. Then if you go to Kangaxx's tomb in the bridge district (next to Mae Vars guild) and give him his arms and torso back, he will transform into a lich. Then after you kill that, he will transform into a demi-lich.

There are many tactis to kill him, but you should try it yourself first of all. (Just one hint: Have one or two freedom scrolls in your inventory - you'll need them ).

10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Taluntain, I just registered today and can't help but notice that you do nothing but bitch about other people's posts. What's eating you?

And by the bye...'Spell words like you were thought in school'??? Were you taught to spell 'taught' as T-H-O-U-G-H-T??

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh that's nice; just registered today and already taking shots at the owner. And over a typo too... :rolleyes:

We wouldn't have to bitch all the time if you would all just follow the few simple rules as described in the Board O'Magick FAQ.

If you don't like bitching, simply follow the rules... Easy.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 22, 2001).]

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I vote take the idiot of the week honor away from Drizzt and give it to this guy quick. Why is it that some people feel they have something to prove by being rude to the site owner/moderators here before they even have ten posts under their belt? What chip exactly do you have on your shoulder? And an even better question: where did you get it from. I remember back in the day when newbies would have a little respect for the site owner that pays the bills every month so they can post on his boards.

13. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

To get back to the topic, I never ever beat Kangaxx, although I did try for 4 hours!!, maybe my party composition wasnt good or not high enough, thats beside the point, I think this tactic is really good, when I return to SoA from a newly started character in BG (1) , yes, the first one as a Lvl 1 character, I will consider this strat

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To get away from topic:
    I definetly vote for Crawl's suggestion.

[Edit]
    Pal, IOW plaque is a game feature on this site. It is a kind of "reward" for certain contributions.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 22, 2001).]

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

You'd have to have your keyboard configured as bass-ackwardly as Jimmy Hendrix' guitar for 'thought' to be a typo of 'taught.'

Apologies if I'm out of line, and I suspect that I am. I get a kick out of this site, I really do. I just get the sense that there are a few people out there who happen to have forgotten that this. Is. A. Game.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Posting on forums is not a game. And even if it was, there are rules to every game. (About which you are warned on the registration page.) If you don't like them, don't play. It's easy to comprehend.

But I can't really blame you. I've learned from experience that there are way too many people around who act first and think later. In your case, it would have been better to be silent and learn something about this place, people who own it, and people who make sure that it doesn't deteriorate into just another lame message board, since there are plenty of those around.

People like you (who start taking shots at mods, admins etc. before they even know who they are) usually don't even stay here longer than a day or two. Who knows, maybe you will. You're smart enough to understand what I'm talking about. But then again, you seem to have a problem with authority of any kind (even the very mild one that is executed here), so you may decide to leave just because I dare talk back to you. We've had one or two cases like that before too.

Really, it's up to you.

P.S. There's a thing called smiley in my reply to NAZAR. There's a smiley in his post after mine too. He didn't get pissed, and the notice was meant for him. He knows why.

So what exactly was the point of your message? That you don't like me telling people what to do? If that's the case, I suggest you pack your bags right away, because you'll be seeing a lot of it in the future too. That's what mods & admins do, after all.

17. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Gonzago, you dont like it here?
    Then leave...

18. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Hadn't checked this topic in a while...I know it was about Kangaxx (or something), so I'm about to go WAY off the subject.

Humblest apologies to all concerned. (Sincerely, by the bye..) Problems with authority? Possibly. That may be why I almost always play chaotic good characters, who knows...

As you can see, I've lasted longer than two days, and hope to stick around for a while, if for no other reason than to see my little eye to turn into something big and mean. (I work nights...sit in front of a pc for 8 hours on end...so eat your hearts out, I get paid to play this game...) However, in response to Taluntain's tactful reply, let me now state for the record that I humbly acknowledge (hat in hand) my own breach of etiquette and will endeavor to rectify it in the future.

And Taluntain, by the way: thanks for putting together this kick ass site.

19. Taluntain

Media:
  20. Gueng Gems: 1/31

Just got on to this site (it's awesome, btw) and noticed this post about Kangaxx. Cool way to kill him, but I have one that's even easier. (I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not. That's my warning...)

It's called "Mace of Disruption +1". You may have to reload a couple times, but it usually works. You can find it in the Blood Pool of Bodhi's dungeon in the Graveyard.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.