1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod: Slightly Improved Ilyich

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Razfallow, Dec 10, 2005.

1. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

By Second edition Attacking somebody invisible was only a -4 penalty so by Second edition rules if they can hear you they can attack you. But unless your a brain dead moron wandering around in a boneyard you usually don't make enough sound when invisible unless your stomping on the sticks and kicking the rocks and everything else. It's a reasonably protective spell without getting followed around but not infallable even to attack.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

OK my explanation may be dumb but come on, it is very likely that a character will make sound while walking with a heavy and dangling armor, or hushing robes, loads of big fat full potion bottles and all other stuff he/she carries.

:p OK I confess, I love all those extremely cheesy, unbalanced modes with a most wickedly cheating AI! What will be my punishment? :cry:

3. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

We shall make you play a party of low strength Dwarves! ~nod nod nod~

4. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Razfallow, I'm quite taken with this mod. So I wonder, would you mind if I put a link to this thread in my signature for my forum accounts at the Gibberlings Three and Pocket Plane? :)

5. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Western Paladin: I don't mind at all.

Questions for next version:

Should I replace groups of goblins with different creatures(Hobgoblins, Ogrilion, Orcs, Orogs)?
    Also I find out, that one encounter in Irenicus dungeon was cutted from game. Shoud l restore it?

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

What encounter was that? I am curious. Or should it be suprise? :shake:

You really need to chaneg those goblins with something else. Tough and deadly duergar polleteriats and annoyingly smart and wily mages were decent. :thumb:

BUT you should add a few orcs and a orcish shaman to cast a Hold Person or two at least? Is it too much?

7. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, please replace the goblins with some stronger humanoids, and I wonder what encounter you are talking about?

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Just so you know, I had great troubles with those nasty goblins when I was just a newbie player. They kept shooting me always. :p I thought they were really good archers, but SK says they have a THAC0 of 19 or 20? How can they manage to make such hits then?

9. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

In new encounter you will meet two Shadow Thieves as they examine one of Irenicus golems.

10. LeFleur Gems: 5/31

wow that certainly sounds good! (So kicked him in the head, till he was dead! hahaha)

11. LeFleur Gems: 5/31

Any news already, Razfallow?

*bump*

12. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

I sent new version for uploading on web (BG2 addon-CZ and Dragon's Hoard) one hour ago.
    When it will be avaible to download, I will announce it.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Any particular reason why you're sending this everywhere else but SP?

14. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

I'm sorry about that, force of habit. I will set it right as soon as possible :)

New version can be downloaded here.

Changes:
    - few changes in Ilyich's party; I lowered their levels and some of their atributes, and remade their AI
    - added:
    - groups of goblins have been replaced with stronger enemies (duergars, orcs a hobgoblins)
    - Ogre mage is now capable to cast few spells
    - one mephit has been replaced with Baby wyvern
    - you can walk into fights between duergars and Shadow thieves
    - Shadow thieves facing Ulvaryl and Shadow thieves waiting at passage to exit have been improved
    - small encounter with Shadow thieves and golem at second floor

[ December 22, 2005, 01:34: Message edited by: Razfallow ]

15. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Just tried the new version out and it seems very nice. I like the other goblinoid minions on the first floor. The hobgoblins actually killed Minsc when I met them, because he was way weakened from the other fights. Unfortunately, there were a couple of bugs.

- Some of the Shadow Thieves in the second part of the dungeon don't have names. They fight and do everything okay, but their names don't appear correctly.
    - When I was installing the mod it reported a parse error near the beginning, I think where it was compiling scripts. The mod still installed fine, though, and the enemies didn't seem any less hard.
    - After I whacked Ilyich and went back into the library, Imoen started the dialogue she's supposed to say in the room with lots of glass jars (where the wyvern is).

Generally I like the way the mod plays. The wyvern in the glass jar room wasn't very hard to defeat, but then again we should keep in mind that I tested it with the same character as before who had grandmastery in two-handed swords. I found the duergar groups, especially Ilyich, generally harder than the goblinoids. Ilyich's mage seems harder in this version - he cast some spells I don't recall from before, including Mental Domination. I know I should really be disrupting his spells, but my guy was a fighter and I didn't have enough Magic Missiles.

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Interesting, should I really uninstall Tactics Ilych and get this? But I will not start a new game soon.

Congratulations on the hard work regardless!

17. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

That is strange, I will take look at it, but after I return from home, which would be on New Year's Eve. I will be without computer during yule.
    Could you send me file Setup-SlightlyImprovedIlyich.DEBUG on email(razfallow@sigil.cz), please?

That should not be fault of my mod.

BTW Cleric casts Mental Domination.

18. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

New version (can be downloaded here).

v1.3
    - update to WeiDU 187
    - fixed minor bugs in scripts
    - fixed missing names of certain thieves

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Congratulations again for your hard-working. Though only 8 people has downloaded this mod so far? Why? We should do more to make everybody know it and appreciate your hard-work.

20. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.