1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bolt of Polymorphing

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Captain Spud, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] i found one as random treasure in my solo thief game. NO ONE could identify it. even the great Thalantyr. has anyone else found one of these?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

how do you know what it is, if you can't identify it?

have you tried all the temples? (though if thalantyr couldn't do it, there might not be much hope)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 09, 2001).]

3. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

i loaded that chr. file and a diviner into a multiplayer game and used the spell identify.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

why don't you pick up a mage and use an identify spell on it, in your singleplayer game then?

[EDIT]

Sorry, I think I got your intention all wrong, seemingly you figured out what kind of bolt it was, you probably did this in singleplayer as well. But to your question, my answer is no, I don't think I've ever found one

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 10, 2001).]

5. Sol'Kanar Guest

Nothing quite like a bolt that when fired at an enemy, turns him into a furry little squirrel!

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I also never saw one.... only the want but not a bolt. Indeed, it should be identifiable with a scroll or spell.

7. Thalantyr Guest

The great Thalantyr couldn't do what???

8. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

its okay lokken. i couldnt pick up a mage. i killed all NPC's. oh wait, no i didnt. i left Shar-Teel, Xan, and Alora. (My three favorite characters. Khalid is becoming my favorite tank...)

just so people dont ask questions...i did a solo thief game and that was just a goal. to take out all NPC's (except the mighty three). Why? Because I can.

[This message has been edited by Captain Spud (edited September 13, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.