1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What Would You Like To See In A Mod?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kitrax, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I was wondering what you guys would like to see in a mod. So pick your top 3 things from the list. :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 32 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What Would You Like To See In A Mod? (32 votes.)

What Would You Like To See In A Mod? (Top 3) (Choose 3)
    * One or more new romances - 38% (12)
    * One or more new NPCs - 59% (19)
    * One or more new sub quests/plots - 69% (22)
    * One or more new "Bosses" - 31% (10)
    * One or more new areas - 56% (18)
    * One or more new items - 25% (8)
    * Other/None (List below) - 0% (0)

What else do you like in a mod? (Check all that apply) (Choose 5)
    * Originallity (i.e. totally new componets in the game...i.e. Kelsey) - 78% (25)
    * Non Originallity (i.e. modifying existing in-game componets...i.e. Blades of Brynnlaw) - 25% (8)
    * Voice clips - 41% (13)
    * Limited size - 22% (7)
    * Other/none (List below) - 3% (1)

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whether I'm playing with my good party, or my bad party, I'm by and large content with the existing NPCs.

As far as romances go, there is not another woman on the face of Faerun who would ever have a hope in hell of pulling my eyes away from Jaheira.

I guess the kind of mode I'd like is one that provides more quests or things to do, to broaden the experience and "bonding time" of the groups that I travel with and without making drastic alterations to the story line (e.g. the Yoshimo vs. Kachiko mode), keeps game balance in mind (like Tactics Module, but not Shadows over Soubar), and isn't bug-riddled (like Darkest Day).

Apparently, the praiseworthy Jason Compton is working on a mode that add more NPC banters. I'm looking forward to it.

3. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think it would be best if they add more way to solve quest in the game

4. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

New NPCs are always a good idea although I couldn't imagine travelling around Amn without either Minsc or Jan around to add some humour.

The romance side of things has never really interested me but I suppose it might be an idea to have old flames of your romancee (if that's a word) showing up and challenging you to a fight for their love.

I'd like a few bosses, maybe some Irenicus minions. It always strikes me as strange that you don't have assassins out after the party the way you do in BG1.

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I was disappointed that the world map was so big and yet there were only about 10 places to go! The forests they opened up in Chapter 6 was a joke... at least one had a worthy encounter.

So I'd like to see more accessible areas added to the world map. Some with plots/quests that could be triggered in Athkatla, some with "bosses."

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I totally agree! The map for BG1 was packed full of areas, and even one or two that weren't able to fit on the map. Perhaps a mod should be made that fills in all that unused space on the SoA map. The probalem with that is, that areas are a bi*@# to make, and are fairly large in size...at least that's what I have found while trying to make a few areas. :rolling:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I made a village and a sports field for BG2 once, but didn't implement them into the game, I might still have them though.

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

More NPC's, that's a must. And more items too, more random encounters and items...

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Something to power up the Familiars in the game (ie. better thieving skills, more spells etc) and give them more dialouge options (try to eat boo, be humerous etc.).

Make more Familiars like have the mage try to put in different types of energy into them.

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

[​IMG] ...like Pokèmons? :D

11. Stu Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] Its a thought, maybe if all your party members could have them and the corresponded to their class?

12. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

3rd edition rules! Go, Weimer, go!

13. K'rgk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How about tying together some of the loose threads in BG2?

For example, the mind flayers in the sewers...
    We know that the Hidden was establishing a colony to take over Athkatla. And we know that the Lady Jysstev was involved... but in what way?
    Did her connection to that artist who need the illithium have anything to do with it.. after all, using up all of the illithium for a sculpture would prevent the mace of disruption +2 from being formed... so perhaps Bodhi was tied into the plot?
    And how did Jan's uncle know? Jaheira found that to be odd and so do I. What happened to him on his journey that changed him so? (I tossed a true sight on him just to be sure he wasn't something else)
    There are lots of similar loose threads which practically beg for explanation.

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've been wanting to make a mod for some time now. I've made about 50 items and drawn out 3 new NPC's with stories & graphics, but sadly I lack the time and programming knowhow to pull it off. But here's what I wanted to do (and may still):

- 3 New Strongholds. A monestary for the Monk, a tribe for the Barbarian to fight for leadership of, and some kind of clan or order for Sorcerers.
    - At least 1 new stronghold quest for every class. This new quest will be triggered within the existing strongholds, yielding some cool new legendary class-specific item. I figure, why should Paladins have all the fun w/ Carsomyr?
    - 4 -6 New NPC's. All with interesting items & stories, some new romances.
    - 100+ New Items. This one's pretty standard.
    - Several new areas. Utilizing the mostly unused map space, plus travel to all new areas (Waterdeep, Kara Tur, or any other good suggestions).
    - 2-3 New Kits for each class. Learning from the mistakes of "The Darkest Day," I want to make kits that are real and balanced, mostly derived from the real 2nd Edition kit books. This, rather than having over 70 kits, just for the sake of making 70 kits (ala TDD - any who've played it know what I mean). Some race-specific kits as well.
    - Much more undead. I personally felt gipped a little on undead in BG2. I like em. I like killin' em deed. :) Well, even more deed. Plus more dungeons and keeps. Like them too.

Anyone interested? Maybe hypothetical, but maybe it would be cool to do a big SP combined effort mod? Ooooooooohh. May be hard to coordinate, but still...might be interesting.

15. Stu Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] Someone else mentioned this in a different topic

Have a quest where Boo turns into a Giant Space Hamster.

you could do it as a continuation of the Twisted Rune thing (the one with the Rougue stone thing) and after that have Boo work as Minsc's familiar.

then as a familiar he could have the ability to turn back into the Giant Space Hamster. Make it that you can ressurect him though :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.