1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First public gay school

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by teekc, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  2. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'd hate to be the janitor that has to clean the bathrooms in that place.

3. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Arabwel, may I share that wall with you? ---Slams her head against said wall several times. ---

CAN'T WE JUST ACCEPT THEM INTO SOCIETY????? This whole issue is driving me crazy. Homosexuals are still people!!! Separating them like this is perilously close to what happened to African Americans. It's not right, and shouldn't be allowed. grouping these people together is also dangerous because there are idiots out there who think they'd be doing society a favor by blowing the place up.

What a freaking awful world I'll be inheriting. Now I'm all depressed and angry

4. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Yeah, cracking head open might be a good response. A good support system is a great idea, but implementing such a system into an already existent public school would be a much better way of promoting tolerance. Whether it's a "gay positive" or "gay only" school, it'll still be known as "the gay school" and should become quite a target *sigh*.

5. Tigress Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Now, i must be incredibly stupid or something becuase i thought that they were trying to AVOID being discriminated against. Well, with this new school i suppose they have wanted descrimination and segregation the whole time.

i don't understand why some people have a problem with people who are gay. my phislosiphy is that it's their life to do whatever they want with and their choice. Who am I to tell them they can't like certain types of people? There are sterotypes surrounding them, i know. But alot of them really aren't true. I have a few 'gay' friends and they are pretty normal. *sigh* :bang:

6. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Who gives a damn WHAT the gays do next? I certainly don't care how people mix their innies and outties; they should just put a lid on it and stop vouching for a separate culture based on their unnatural fetishes.

7. Elios Gems: 17/31

So, if I wanted to start a school for only straight kids, how would that be taken? How about a school for only white kids?
    Why doesn't it work in reverse? There are fraternities solely for "African Americans." But if a fraternity only allows "whites" then all hell breaks lose on the campus.
    The school for straight kids? I'm being bigoted towards homosexuals.
    Why don't we consider the homosexuals bigoted for their "gay schools?" Or the African Americans prejudice against white people?
    Both gay and black people have their own holidays, why can't white people?
    How in the world are these kids suppose to learn about diversity?
    Well, I guess their musicals will be outstanding and they'll have an award winning home ec class.

8. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"How in the world are these kids suppose to learn about diversity?"

Christ! What did you learn about it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.