1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Planar Sphere Problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Palanthas, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Palanthas Banned

[​IMG] I am in the Planar sphere. I first went and whupped up on Lazor? (sorry haven't looked at this since last night, Valgyar's ancestor whatever his name is). Here is the problem. I sent in a thief hid in the shadows with some skeletons and a a fire elemental. They kicked his ass and he never said a word to me. Now he just lies there. How do I continue this quest? He won't talk at all. It just says he's near dead. I can't seem to find anywhere else to go. What can I do? I don't have any save games built up from beyond this quest. Thanks,

Palanthas

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

How could they kick Lavock's ass if he never talked to you? That would mean he was still blue and it confuses me as to why you would simply attack someone who was no threat to you.

From what I recall, he's blue when you enter and dialog starts up immediatly when you spot him standing on his platform. Then he turns red and attacks the party. How did you know he was within the fog of war?

Dialog has to start, if it doesn't, you'll be stuck wondering why he's still not dead or not saying anything to you.

Reload, let him speak with you and let him battle you with all his power and might and take him down good and proper.

A good sharp sword always does the trick!

As you are being hit by his powerful spells and swinging your blades, eventually, once enough damage has been dealt, he will cease his attack on the party and see the error of his ways. You will then receive a quest to find a Demon's Heart to power the Planar Sphere so it may return back to the Material Plane.

Until then, you're stuck inside forever.

Good luck.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited January 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited January 03, 2001).]

3. Palanthas Banned

[​IMG] I understand your confusion. He kicked my ass the first time so I tried a different tactic. I wanted him to waste all of his spells so I forced an attack with my skeletons and elementals. Guess I'm screwed huh? Oh well, off to another quest I guess unless anyone has any other ideas. Thanks,

Palanthas

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

There won't be another quest, unless of course you reload and get the quest for the Demon's Heart.

The Planar Sphere has plane shifted. You will not be able to exit the sphere until you receive the quest, find the heart and give power to the sphere.

Unless of course, you didn't turn the power on to begin with, which then, you should be able to exit the sphere and return to the slums district.

I hope for you, it's the latter because being stuck inside forever wouldn't be much fun.

Syl...

5. Palanthas Banned

This is truly upsetting. Can't I respawn this guy somehow? I will have to go back 8 days to continue. Any ideas whatsoever? I have the demon's heart. I just don't know what to do with it. Please help,

Palanthas

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hmm... It might still work.
    You have to use the heart on the core of the sphere. It might work even if you don't speak with Lavok.
    But kiss the sphere goodbye as your stronghold I guess.

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Well, try this then. Take the Demon's Heart to this location:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/sphere.php#sphere204

Use it as you would have been told by Lavock, simply clicking on the part of the machine that needs this heart. This will power the sphere. Return to Lavock and see if he does anything for once you did this the proper way, he talks and asks to see the sun one last time.

If he's dead, you only lose out on a lot of experience, I think it was about 46,000xp for helping Lavock and then another 46,000xp per character. Big deal. It's just numbers.

If you can't do anything with Lavock, see if you can at least leave the Planar Sphere. I don't know if you need to speak with Lavock to trigger the Planar Sphere to travel back to The Slums District or if it returns when you use the Demon Heart, but it's worth a shot before you go and reload.

Syl...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  8. Palanthas Banned

You guys are beautiful man. I went back to the Power Core and when I clicked on it it said "For lack of a better solution, you feed the demon heart . . .", and then it shifted. I don't know if Lavok will talk to me, but I'm a fighter/thief so I could care a less. I just want out of there. Thanks for your help.

Palanthas

9. Guido61179 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I went about killing lavok the same way. He is also laying "Near Death" in my game and wont' talk to me. I've gotten back to Amn and can leave the sphere, but I want my exp points for running through this quest, but can't do this untill I can talk to this guy and I can't do that. I've tried healing him, but he doesn't get up if I do that. Did you just give up on the exp points?

10. Lo Guest

Reload, if u do it correctly your party will get 45,000 exp each... And try never to attack blue NPC's for all u know there might be a pieceful solution to your conflict. I wonder if u have killed the Knights as well ;)
    And trust me it's nowhere as awful as having to decide between exp and stronghold, and wonder what the hell did I do wrong :mad:

11. Palanthas Banned

Yeah man. I gave up and left. Hopefully Valygar won't bitch about it later. I did get to kill a demon at least that was worth some experience.

Palanthas

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.