1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Satanism...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Loerand, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    There's another possibility -perhaps adherence to the national laws are simply in one's self-interest. There's no fear of punishment involved, there's just no point to risking an overall goal by breaking other, unrelated laws simply for the sake of breaking them. For example, Shura stated in another thread that he intended to commit murder at some point. Do you think he'll speed on his way to do the deed and risk botching the plan by getting a traffic ticket? Not likely. It's a question of priorities, not fear of punishment.

As for the overall topic, I voted No before the definition of satanism was decided to be that expressed in LaVey's book. I haven't read this book but the thumbnail sketch given here leads me to believe that I share this philospohy of life. However, I resent the implication that taking responsibility for one's own karmic fate is Satanic. I much prefer the old terminology - secular humanist - so I'll stick with my original answer.

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Can I just interrupt here and say how disturbing it is that the demographic of SP is one-eighth Satanist? I'm near-sure that that does not fully represent the percentage of Satanists in a town, city, county, state, province, country, etc.

I also think that an odd definition of Satanism has been given: a school of thought that rejects existence of a Hell (and presumably, a Satan). Hurhm.

3. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think it is incredibly sad that no one has said to Shura...GET HELP!

Something is wrong!

Saying something on a message board like I plan to kill someone one day is an obvious cry for help.

Why has no one said anything to him/her?

I want to help...but I'm the guy who mostly posts about the state of his testicles...so I am kind of out of my league.

Still though...life can not be that bad that you would want to take out your anger on another person that way. What happened?

I just hope you meet someone someday that will blow a little wind on that small ember of love that EVERY human being has...

Shura...I know most of the bad things I have done in my life (more than you would believe...including a felony as a minor and a drug and alcohol problem) were almost entirely caused by this huge FEAR I have carried around with me ever since childhood (which was no walk in the park BTW)...for me, the greatest thing about believing in God is that I can say...listen God...I have made a terrible mess of my life...I can't handle it...I can't fix it or me...just please watch over me.

And you know what? He has. I'm sober, happy, and kind to other people.

By myself...my life was completely unlivable and more like torture.

With God...I can live with a reasonable amount of happiness.

Is this a sign of weakness? Surely. But thank God I am weak because I have never been happier in my life and I owe it mostly to him.

4. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Interesting....

I’ve noticed that many who posted and claimed to be Satanists or support some form of its ideology seem quite bitter about something. Maybe it is some form of sub-conscious/denied rebellion on the behalf against something or another in their lives.
    hmmm...

As for Christianity...
    People have the wrong conceptions about it. One of its main ideologies (and indeed without it - would cease to exist in its current form), is all about free will. It is God who made us more 'free willed' and individual than any other force pretends/attempts to (i.e. self, Satan).
    Jesus made it so you are totally free to do what you like, but there are consequences for every choice made.
    It is not merely "do this or God will punish you" judgment that God has chosen to do. On the contrary, God has given us the option of eternal bliss and salvation beyond the flesh - it is up to us if we choose it or not.
    Consequently, we damn ourselves by pushing ourselves away from this divine eternal love from the True Source.
    Don’t let your bad experiences with certain 'Christians' push you away from Christianity, read the Bible and study its fundamental beliefs; they are words of relief, freedom and salvation, not of damnation and judgment.
    One chooses to follow Christ out of love, not out of fear alone.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Good and evil, right and wrong are subjective topics, people.

If my murder victim was not strong enough to repel me, he/she most likely deserved to be killed, just for the sheer sake of satisfying my curiosity.

And Rally put it well. It is a matter of priorities. I do not break minor laws rampantly and thus ruin my chances of slitting someone's throat. I can hardly kill anybody from behind bars, can I?

I embrace evil, if you people would like to put it that way, though I do not worship any particular deity that endorses it. The pain and misery of others simply brings about a deep sense of profound joy and fulfillment in my heart. That is simply that.

Until the day my poor victim bleeds his/her life out somewhere, no one shall know that a murderer hides behind my law-abiding mask. And who is to say I shall stop at one? If I develop a taste for it, I might go on and on and on.

Who can stop me? Not your god.

6. Malaqai Gems: 4/31

@Shura
    Want to know who can stop you? Justice can. Not divine intervention. Justice. And if it doesn't reach you in this life, it will in the next. BTW, thy misery and anger is self induced. Trust me...there are feelings far greater than anger. And btw, did you enjoy 9/11?

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hm, that is not satanism, that is sadism.

So, it's either finding people with similar sexual interests or sanatorium.

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Off topic: If Shura simply goes out ant slits someones throat in a dark alley, or some other lonely place, with no motive other than to experience it then it is actually quite unlikely that he will be caught. Murderers tend to be caught by motivation, it's where the statistic about '9 out of 10 murders are committed by people well known to the victims'. With no motive and no witnesses why will they go up to Shura, who we are assuming had never met his victim before, and say 'Right you murderer! We're going to arrest you!'

On Topic: Well I don't worship Satan, nor do I worship God. I'm fairly agnostic and apathetic in my views - I don't know if they are there, and I don't really care. The short extracts from the book I agree with in part, though I have only heard about the 'Bible of Satan' in passing (doesn't Bible mean 'word of God' or something?).

My personal feelings are that we are all alone, and so what we do now is what matters. Strangely enough I do belive in Karma and a soul, I just don't belive there is any divine entity out there. There may very well be I don't really know or care (My half belief in 'God' left me nearly 8 years ago, that's just over half my lifetime).

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Justice is adjucated by the strong. If I'm strong enough (intelligent, wealthy or simply too powerful), I decide whether or not justice applies to me.

I never intend to be not strong enough.

BTW, I did not enjoy 9/11, though I did find the footage on news interesting enough. And you had better cease your judgmental remarks before you piss me off too much, church boy.

:mad:

10. Sense Beyond Reason Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Woof, woof, woof.

Hooray I’ve found a new front line.

I once had a little dog that was so afraid of the big dogs she would bark and growl and raise her hackles for no reason.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

If you are the evilest person here then no one can say or do anything evil to you, right? Wrong.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

Yes, you are a pyscopath, but not the gung-ho god of destruction type. You are the clinically diagnosed type. The type that is simply devoid of emotion due to your natural biological chemistry.

You can’t understand other people’s emotional perception of you so you bark. At least if they are afraid of you, you know how they are feeling, right? Wrong.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

How do I know this? Your writing. Your characters are flatter than a pancake. There is no emotional substance to them at all. Fear, anger and hate all appear right on cue when a person is technically supposed to be experiencing them. But that’s not how people really are.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

You say you are a man but you writing, your avatar and your aggressive stance all shout that you are a frightened girl.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

You say that you are in the army, but you aren’t. Maybe one of your relatives is/was, but you aren’t. You are far too young.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

Be very careful, one day the big dogs owner will be so annoyed with your constant biligerance that they will let the big dog slip his leash.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

If you are going to try to kill anyone, come for me. I will know, and you will fail.

Woof, woof, woof Shura.

I have everything you lack, and you are right, you should be scared.

BOO!

11. Malaqai Gems: 4/31

I am no church boy. Shura, you remind me of a guy who commited suicide to prove a point. When you run out of arguments you turn to insults. Keep your illusions then. I don't judge you. But you know you're wrong. And you know the system is stronger. And so is He.

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And I'm no moderator or administrator, but maybe both Shura and whoever is arguing against Shura should keep it civil.

That said, and getting on topic (sort of), I am not going anywhere near where Shura lives. But if you (Shura) do end up murdering someone, I hope it will be someone like Stephen.

[ June 28, 2003, 16:57: Message edited by: Oaz ]

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Before this goes any further, this forum is for discussing thoughts and opinions about a topic. It is not a forum for attacking a member for their thoughts and opinions.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Quite. The AoDA rules are clearly written down in the sticky. Those who can't post here in a civilized manner without resorting to personal attacks risk getting banned.

I don't like this open discussion about murder any more than I like people attacking Shura for his views, however, so I consider the debate on that topic closed as well.

15. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Tal...just a quick thought...if Shura did go out and kill someone...and the authorities checked out his/her computer...wouldn't you, as the owner of this BBS be legally liable somewhat? seems like criminal negligence to me

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't know where you got the idea that I would be responsible for anything Shura does based on what he writes on these message boards, considering he's not threatening anyone here, or plotting anything specific.

Now keep your speculations and accusations to yourself, unless you're legally qualified to give me advice on this matter. When I said this topic is closed, it included you as well. I guess I'll have to close it literally as well as figuratively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.