1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kind of a disappointment

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Whoz-UR-Daddy, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Just finished BG2 for the first time. Gotta say I loved the game, but I thought the ending kind of blows. The entire game seemed long enough to me that it should have at least built to something more. Not to reference another game *cough* Diablo 2 *cough*, but I thought the cutscenes (or cinematics) were MUCH better in D2. Don't get me wrong, BG2 was a much better game IMHO, and took much longer to beat (D2 only took me like 5 days), but I just felt like the ending could have had a little more to it. Anyone else feel the same?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

they made the ending they did so they could make an expansion with the true ending.

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

since bg3 aint coming

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The only movie from Diablo II I loved was ACT 3. Other ones are so boring that really inflict pain in the ass!

Anyway, is the game made to bring better movies, or better playing features and story?

5. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I haven't finished BG2 yet, but I do love cutscenes myself. I think good cutscenes can only add to the game, but bad ones can hurt it.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I liked the beginning video of BG1, with Sarevok and the last one of Diablo2, where you find out it's Bhaal and not Tyrael. ;)

7. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

As far as cut scenes go, I liked BG1 much more than BG2. I don't like the use of the game engine for the cut scenes. Of course it save on program size, but hell, media is cheap, throw in another CD. I agree that good cut scenes add to the enjoyment of the game.

8. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

At least you can all LOOK cutscenes!
    I can't!
    My pc has some error, so it can't play the darn cutscenes.
    I know, I know, download a patch, but the game is on my own pc, I don't have internet on the darn thing, so I can't!
    And putting it on diskettes isn't working either, I guess, because that one with the x-tra merchants didn't either!
    So quit wining ans enjoy the scens.
    Hell, I haven't even seen the intro yet... :mad:!

9. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Yeah, the intro to BG1! I have great memories of the music going higher and higher toward the end. It was always playing when I started the game and then left the room for a second to do whatever and I could hear itin the background. Its burned into my brain!

10. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] To reply to the very first comment on my post, I know why the ending was the way it was, I was just saying that I thought it could have been more. The opening scene to either BG1 or Torment was to me far supperior to any of the BG2 ones. But BG2 was an awesome game and one I WILL enjoy playing again. Maybe it is just me, but I have always felt that a crappy ending can bring down a great game.

11. nicholi Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] i thought the intro into D2 was awsome especially the background music when the skeletons pop outa the pillar of fire. the intro to BG1 kicked ass as well

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.