1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Armageddon

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Erebus, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Tarsakh - if you are talking about the horseman in Revelations 6:2, I do not see how that relates to pestilence. Might the Anti-Christ (conquering materially, and having a crown to represent success), or Christ (conquering through, say, belief, faith, etc., and having a crown to represent being King of Kings).

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I never said Pestilence had a crown did I? He has a scale. And Pstilence also rides upon a white horse.

Any who, I did some more research, and the apocalypse would happen like this:

The sun will darken and the moon turned to blood (Joel 2:31)

The sky "rolled" up and the stars fell (Isiah 34)

Earthquakes and floods (Isiah 24:18, 19)

The undoing of God's creations (Gen 1, Jer 4:23)

There are also other parts in Isa 34:4, Daniel 11:32, 33 and 2Peter 2.

There are also more passages in: Gen 3,4,and 19, Gen 1:2 (NRSV only), Dan 7:2, 2Esd 13:2.

However all this is put together in Revelations.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31

I never said that you were wrong about the White Horseman not having a crown. I just don't see anything that relates to pestilience. According to the Bible I have, the Black Horseman holds a balance (scales), and represents famine. I'm pretty sure you can also interpret as pestilence, as they are a bit of the same thing, though.

4. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

LMAO at Latches posts. Lighten up.

I do believe in the Armageddon but I don't believe that anyone in the current media (Bush included) falls into the category of Mr 666. Its entertaining reading though

[ April 27, 2003, 17:03: Message edited by: Astin X ]

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31

Well, I think that either Saddam or Bush is the Antichrist.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Heh. I'd say Saddam's way too out of power (and never will be in it again) to be the "Beast". As for Bush, I think people are a bit too wary of him. I'd say it's the one we least suspect the least (that is, if you believe in it or not, heh).

Could very well be the Ned Flanders next door to you. ;)

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yourself? ;)

8. Milliardo Peacecraft Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Though it is true that no one shall know the day nor the hour, it does not mean we're not given clues when it will happen. Meaning, we're given time to prepare. The exact time is not known, but certainly as we see in the Bible, we are given signs of that coming time. As for the 4 Horsemen:

It's taken here: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01594b.htm

9. Erebus Gems: 16/31

And Revelations!

10. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Iraq having anything to do with Armageddon? Please.

If you do believe in Armageddon, don't forget it is ISRAEL that is the scene of the conflict, and the protagonist as well.

The four horsemen ride sequentially, not together. But I won't get too involved in interpretation of Revelations, since nobody will like it much anyway.

11. Erebus Gems: 16/31

To be specific, its Mount Carmel, which although is in Israel, is also pretty damn close to to Baghdad. And don't forget the ten kings that will rise and fall within one hour, so the new ruler of Iraq will rise and fall in a short time, while he proclaims his alligience with the Anti-christ.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.