1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If only they had listened to the Lord...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Kitrax, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Nope, sorry, no feelings of hate towards Jesus, or any religious figure.

2. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Christopher_Lee places Kitrax on top of his "to slap" list

What a stupid, nasty point to raise.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Allow me to recommend that we all ditch our "to slap" lists before Administration does something about it -- such lists hardly add anything substantial to the discussion.

That said, I don't think it's a stupid or nasty point at all. Looking at history and asking "what if" is a highly useful intellectual exercise, and it has been the basis for some pretty good stories, IIRC. Harry Turtledove has done a lot of novels with this sort of approach.

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

K, K, K. Viking's and Depaara's reasoning has something for them. Kitrax, sorry. The point is, that there's no rational relation at all between things that happened in "biblical times" and events in the 21-century.

1. There's nearly no family-relation between people who live in Isreal now, and those who lived there in biblical time. And that's the same for palestinians and jews. That, I think, is basic demographic knowledge. Cultural-links are even more questionable.

2. So hypothetical outcome if those people would be killed. My view: Neither Goerge Bush, Dick Cheney, condozeela (?) Rice, Maggie Thatcher, Wolfowitz nor Donald Rumsfeld would exist. Because it is possible, that they are descendants of the people that should have been killed.

3. Yes, Mathetias is absolutely right, my comment was a confession of faith. I sought that would be self-evident ;)

[ April 11, 2003, 10:57: Message edited by: Yago ]

5. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

At first, I was offended by the thought that as an atheist I would be expected to shoot Jesus, given the chance.

But hell, to be entirely inflammatory, after some deep consideration, I'd put a bullet in Jesus.

If he really is the son of God and came back to life then my entire existence is false, nothing I know or feel is right any more, there is a God, I'm going to hell, the world has some sort of "higher purpose" and has been turned into one great big failed experiment of hatred, suffering, war, disease and hypocrisy. It's hard enough to imagine that by natural progression we got to the state we're in, but to think that some "supreme being" planned for us to go down the toilet? That's just sad.

I think in a moment of rage from the thoughts of all the suffering people have gone through because they were stuck in this cycle of life and death would cause me to snap and pull a trigger.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.