1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Love? Does it suck or not?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Eze, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nope, it doesn't. :love:

The only downside is becoming reliant on your partner, and thus becoming a wreck for a while if things go belly up.

[Mammaries edited to belly]

3. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Oh, god, yes it does. I hate the idea, i hate the concept, and I hate the trap that it is. I just had a bad experience with it, and I've lost faith with the whole idea. Outline: I fall in love, person I love goes for my best friend. Thats my view.

4. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Love isn't fickle. It is much more than that, it's decietful, it is merely a cloak to true corruption. I think...

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Love is the best thing in the world, but sometimes it can hurt. [gf's, bf's ].
    Love relationships with the ones you truly love are really good[for me it's my dad, mom, some friends...].
    "Making" love is better.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It can really suck if you look for and invest it in the wrong person. It can also really suck if you're too eager to give your love to someone else - then you're just begging to get your heart broken. To me, the definition of love is 'putting someone else's happiness above your own.' So, invest your love in those who invest it in you - but try not to forsake the rest, because whether or not we'd like to admit it, we all need love.

Romantically, with patience, when you do find the right person - it's incredible. Better than I ever thought it could be. And I agree totally with Khelben: making love is MUCH better than any 'sex' you could ever have. :D

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think my view on this is clear. In case someone didn't read it back then, it's enough said that love is an illusion of a dream that does not exist. Believing it does will only get your life screwed until you learn your lesson.

Putting someone else's interests above your own will invariably result in a rejective reaction on the other person's behalf. If not, you're being pi**ed in the eye. Humans always want exitement and danger, even if only in small amounts. And that makes them as self-destructive as they are. Incapable of any truly pure feelings but for a very short time.

8. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

All depends on whether or not you have the right person. If you don't, it can be a terrible experience. But when you find the right person, it is a completeness like no other. The right person will REALLY be your best friend. You will be able to share your life, thoughts, goals, dreams with them.

In understand the reason people shy away from love. I've had horrible experiences with dating, too. But you have to get past that. Don't run around saying "I've got to find the right one for me right this instant!" It generally doesn't work like that. Give it time...be patient.

Then, when you do find the right one, it will be worth all the time you spent waiting.

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Love is a nuke, always ready to blow up and obliterate you. :)

Simple answer: yes, it sucks.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Love? What kind of love? Romantic love? Brotherly love? Love for one's neighbor? Love for God (yeah, yeah, I know, assuming He exists)? Love for your parents (or vice versa)? Tough love?

It seems that people believe love stinks because they aren't getting the kind of love that is ideal to them at the moment.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Love cant suck, they are somewhat two opposites

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

The romantic thing.

13. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Am I the only one here who doesn't think that love sucks? And if it's a complaint that a boyfriend/girlfriend/loved one broke up/left you you in the dust, then I think, technically, that is the absence of love. Once love is missing, then love sucks. But I think love, when you have it, and it's there, is great.
    So there. :p

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Love is great. One of the experiences that makes life so wonderful.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I completely agree with Dragon's Jewel! :thumb:

The greatest thing you'll ever learn
    is just to love and be loved in return.

16. Veralius Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree with Dragon's Jewel and the esteemed Jack Funk. Love is truly a wonderful thing, but I for one have experienced it's hob-nailed boot o' rejection more than once. That's what sucks.

17. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

When it's good, it's like nothing that you have ever experienced before, and you will enjoy it.

When it's bad, it's like nothing that you have ever experienced before, and you will hate it.

It's a risk. It's always a risk. If it's not a risk, then it's not love, and you certainly do not have a "relationship".

Love only begins with risk.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

To be in love with someone who is in love with you is one of the best feelings ever. To be in love with someone who isn't in love with you is one of the worst feelings ever.

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sniper pretty much just nailed it.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Love and sucking only occur on REALLY good days!

Oh, boy, that was inappropriate and wrong. I'll probably get in trouble for it, but I couldn't resist.

On a more serious note, love that ends up badly can be exteremly painful, but when it goes well (and it can, believe me) it is wonderful in the extreme. And any kind of love beats the alternative, which is cold, emotionless boredom. Yuck. I remember the broken hearts of my teenage years, but I'd do it all over again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.