1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

When Will Life on the World End?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Icingdeath45, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

When do you think life on the earth will end? I think 2014. It was predicted by many people. Nostradamus, the Sleeping Prophet, the Aztecs, and the Druids. They all predicted 2014, and they never even knew each other existed. That is kinda spooky.

[ March 31, 2003, 22:47: Message edited by: Icingdeath45 ]

2. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This is like asking: when will the clippers win the playoffs?

Nobody knows. :D

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It's predicted in the Bible (the code in it, not the actual bible, out in plain view. I'm reading a book called The Bible Code, you've probably heard about it) that there will be an atomic haulocost in 2006. Whether or not the world will end in 2006 is not known, but I also believe that the predictions in the bible are warnings and are not set in stone. If we act as soon as possible, it may be possible to prevent this war in 2006.

4. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Actually they could both happen, though one single source predicting the end of the world is'nt that trustworthy it could result in the destruction predicted 2014. The necrotelicomicon predicted that the old ones will be set free by the folly of manking and the only thing that could shatter the barrier is a nuclear bomb. Something to think about.

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

That's like believing in Nostradamus which is one of the most beautiful examples of bullsh*t ever predicted. Of course that is all in my humble opinion.

Oh the world WILL end

But fortunatly I will be long gone

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Erm yeah... about Nostradamus
    How many of his predictions actually proved true?

And the Aztecs though that blood made the sun go ´round.. and I never heard of the Sleeping Prophet :hmm:

About the bible code, just because some words pop up if you start playing crosswords doesn´t make it special

Oh now woooow
    Like I have never seen, heard of, touched AND read ! the bible´s code.. :rolleyes:

[ March 29, 2003, 23:17: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

7. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Have you actually read the books? I know you havn't because of what you said. It's not a bunch of random words and the mathematician who discovered it calculated the odds. It's far, far, far beyond chance (1 in a billion type far). The books were written by a reporter (who happens to not be religious and doesn't beleive in God) who was doing a story on Rabin (or something) and one of the guards told him about this mathematition who discovered a code hidden in the bible. It turns out to have predicted the assassination of Rabin (the leader of Isreal at the time) a year before he was killed. 9/11 is also coded in the bible. As soon as it was happening (the reporter lives in New York and saw it happen) he ran to his computer, typed in TWIN TOWERS and up came 'twin towers' and 'airplane' on the same page of the bible. 'Twin' had no skips and was completely vertical, 'towers' was spelled by skipping every 34 characters, while airplane was spelled by skipping every 36 letters (it's in Hebrew, translated into english). This guy has talked to the leaders of many countries and even predicted their assassinations (eg. Arafat if he makes peace with Isreal, he'll be assassinated by Homas). Anyway, the code being there by chance is non-existant and it has been scrutinized by scientists (who instead of proving it was a hoax, they proved it was real). Don't just post something unless you've got the facts to back it up.

8. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Actually the dtae when the Aztecs believe the world to end is 2012.
    Nostradamus was supposed to have said the world would end in 99 and then went on to make predictions about humanity for another 100 years, so i think his stuff has been interpreted wrong.
    The druids? which tribe? which country?
    So many people have so many different theories.

And many of these things are interpeted wrong. Most of these things don't even mention the world actually ending, just events which we see consistenet with it ending.

9. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm reminded of looking at the clouds and seeing pictures in them. Something tells me that there isn't some cosmic or mystical force shaping the clouds so that I see, say a horse. Rather, I suspect the cloud shapes like a cloud and I project what I want to see onto it and there is no purpose behind the shape of the cloud other than what I force onto it. Just a thought.

I suspect that if you took, say, Dr. Seuss you could probably find airplane and twin tower "coded" in there too. No offense.

And from proponents of the code:
    [ March 29, 2003, 22:42: Message edited by: Laches ]

10. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

How do you explain the Bible predicting an assassination a year before it happend. The author of the book tried to warn Rabin, but he took it as a hoax.

People can prove anything. It happens with science everyday. They can also discredit anything. Find one thing that hasn't been 'proved wrong'. I'm sure you beleive in things and when you read something trying to discredit those things, you try and discredit the discredit... so it's a never-ending battle.

I beleive in the codes. I don't really care one way or another if you do or don't. I do, however, think that if you do beleive, there could be a chance of stopping an nuclear war in 2006 that is encrypted in the Bible. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen and those no real harm done.

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

This is what I think will happen.

If the cause of the end of the world is brought on by say, a big rock from the sky, then I think that the world is doomed. But it it's anything else then it's going to take time. No matter what we humans try there is no possable way to take out the earth's inhabint's all in one moment. Even if nuclear weapons are used. There will be people some where on earth or in space of even in the artic or north poll.

People will look for there own kind and surive. Also there will be the people left who won the "End Of The World War". What will they do? Rebuild and surive. There's no ties in wars and there will be no way that both sides will die. If it's every country for it's self then people will look for ways to be safe and surive.

It's human nature. Survival of the fittest. The fittest will move on and continue on with the human race.

Maybe, just maybe while the hauman race is down on it's luck a new spices will evolve and take our place.

In any and every case the end of the human race isn't any time close. You have a greater chance of the sun giving of a great explosen in our direction.

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

The states has enough nukes to blow up the world several times. Although they will never use them all at once, there's a very good chance that although there will be people still left alive, the earth will be so parched that nothing will grow. Without agriculture, the remaining survivors would die within days. I saw this one Family Guy where the world was blown up and the family travelled to another city in search of a Twinkie Factory. It was a good one (I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it was amusing and along the same topic with the world blowing up and all).

13. Morgoth

Media:
    Uhh, but then you also misprove the code...

If it´s written 3000 years ago, whats the point fighting against it

14. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Well, I don't think it's written in stone... I think (along with the authors of the book) that the code is a warning for the human race. It was indeed written 3000 years ago, but how is it possible? It pretty well proves that it wasn't written by anyone human. Whether a God, aliens or whatever else, I think it's a warning, not predicting the future. If people take it seriously then the holocaust (the atomic one) might be stopped. It's not like we're going to stop a war without knowing it, so if war is avoided on behalf of knowing of it ahead of time (because of the code) then we'll know we stopped a war. Wars take a long time to develop, so we'll know when one is coming long before it actually happens.

15. Morgoth

Media:
    But if the code really proves true (Im still a bit sceptic, even after reading the book twice), it would mean that faith excist...

Bye bye, free will

If you told me, that some entity wrote the tale of my death in stone, paper, notepad, MSWord, etc... And all of his other predictions so far proved true.. Well, that means I'm gonna die, and when I just struggle, it is part of faith.

People just think they can outrun faith (If it really existed, ey ;) ), while running becomes just a part of it... oh well

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Soon, I hope :(

17. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think you mean predetermination exists.

Anyway, I don't put much stock in the Bible code. The human race will survive for a long time unless a large asteroid hits us. Given enough time, we will be able to move to other worlds and that won't even be a threat anymore.

18. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Do you mean our civilization or the Earth as a planet. The only thing i can say is that once they asked Einstein after the nukes in Hirosima and Nagashaki what the 3rd world war will be like, and he replied that he couldn't imagine but he knew that the 4rth world war will be made with wooden sticks and stones. I hope that is an answer we won't see.

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, at least we should, or most of us will witness the end if its true ... well, hopefully we won't have to ... just our own peaceful deaths

20. Baron Von M Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hello everyone! This is my firstpost, so I'll try not to aggravate everyone (too much...)

Regarding the end of the world, I think It'll happen a lot more "a la fallout" --however without the supermutants and Deathclaws.

Look at the Iraq conflict. Anyone saying it has NOTHING to do with Iraq being the second largest oil producer in the world is probably quite blind and/or stupid. Sure, It's not *all* about the oil, but it's really important today.

Look at the US. People there have more cars per household than people in Europe. Besides, Gas is much cheaper there, at only 4-5 swedish crowns /l. (that's about half a dollar) here in sweden, the price's 10 swedish crowns per liter.

If we have an armed conflict revolving partly about oil today, (where the reason is to keep the price down and insert a more stable pro-US oil exporter in Iraq) We'll probably have an even more violent conflict when the oil starts to run low. Every country is going to want a bite off the rapidly lowering oil resources. Think of the war's that'll create!

I personally think humans are a greater risk than comets have ever been. After all, haven't you seen armageddon? :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.