1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is a lich doing in the Shadow Temple?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Jul 6, 2001.

1. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

after i start
    a new game by exporting my hero
    i entered the shadow dungeon where the shade lord is at.and i saw a lich!.is this some type of joke he was not their before

2. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Some of the encounters get more difficult depending on the level of your character. You may notice this in some of the other areas also.

3. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

what is the best way to kill that Lich

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

cast ruby ray of reversal, then cast breach. You fighters should take him down in no time. Helps if you have 2 mages, one for each spell.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

5. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

daystar works really well :D

6. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Old topic, I know, but I just came up against that lich soloing my MC Mage/Thief (10/13 level, I think), along with two Greater Mummies and two Skeleton Warriors. So I whipped out Daystar and knocked them all to Badly Injured, then ran back down the corridor and took out the Staff of Rhynn, while I summoned some help. All the undead followed me, helpfully crossing the lava pit and taking damage all the time. The lich actually killed himself in the pit (so no XP), then my summons and myself took down the other undead in hand-to-hand combat without my stoneskins going down. I was very pleased :)
    Now to fight the next lich, waiting at the puzzle board.

[This message has been edited by Maldir (edited January 07, 2002).]

7. Aerial Servants

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sunray...clerics get this spell early in the game(at lvl 14). It is very devastating against undead creatures, like liches.

With a well balanced party you can easily kill a lich in many other ways, too.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Actually when I went there there were 2 different liches, both surrounded by Greater Mummies and Skelaton Warriors. Turn Undead works great here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.