1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Instructions on Finding Atlantis

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by The Kilted Crusader, Oct 9, 2002.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I have a theory. Its not very good, but to find Atlantis we have to wait for the Appocolypse thing (or is it Armageddon). Because it was covered by all the water from the first apocolypse so the dry land now will be covered in water and atlantis will be revealed. The only problem is we'll all snuff it in the appocolypse, but the theory is sound.

also there is that theory on the name for the "lavortry". It started with the tribe of the dog who copied everything dogs did, so they usually took a slash against a tree. Now when the toilet was created they called a "lav" in the cities and when the tribe of dog came into cities for market and all that stuff, if they needed to go they'd ask some one where a lav or tree (lavortry) was, and the people in the city thought that it was the lavs full name and so the trend grew, and that is how we have the name lavortry today.

[ October 09, 2002, 22:58: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Or we could wait till all the water is evaporated and vanished through the hole in the ozon-layer, and then to find out that Atlantis is probably covered under sand and magma. To evaporate the oceans we must heavily polute the atmosphere for a warmer climate. Needless to say, America is doing a good job in this research, probably to find more area to wreak havoc and bombing innocent people.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

i completely agree with you, but I would say that it was that pratt Bush thats bombing everything and not America. Otherwise its true

4. r'Hant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Or we could solve the mystery of DNA manipulation and turn ourselves into cockroaches. After that, all we have to do is drop a few nukes (preferably on top of the largest cities) and wait.

Imagine all the roaches
    Frying slowly 'n peace... :flaming:

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow! We can even turn a topic about finding Atlantis into America bashing! I love it!

But you have it wrong there, we Americans are causing the oceans to rise (not evaporate), so that places like Holland will be inundated... ;)

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] BTA, shame on you, where will I buy tulips then! :mad: :p

Anyway, if you'll flood the Netherlands, I guess I'll have to make Master of Nuhn move over here then... :p

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey, the biggest part of Unquendor (quenya for Holland) is below sealevel.
    I have lived 7meters below sealevel and if these americans are going to raise it, we just raise our dykes....simple as that. (German people couldnt do that....Dutch can)

8. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Y'know, I would really really love to see a few hundred Dutch dykes raised :eek: ;) :lol: :bigeyes:

9. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

As i'm living in the midst of Germany, sure there are no dykes. But there are some mountains we piled up just for fun. Dutch people can't build mountains. I suggest we all go to Croatia.

10. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Boy is this :yot: ! But we love you anyway :grin: Atlantis huh? Yeah, it was a real continent at SOME point, they say...maybe we can go steal their Legendary Secrets of Alchemy in a scuba diving suit then :p Who wants to wait a hundred years? (On second thought, it had probably better be a submarine...that water pressure would crush a diver.)

11. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shame on ALL YOU PEOPLE!!!!!

Every one of you should know that Atlantis is just 300 miles southwest of Crete.

All you need to do is hijack a Nazi sub to get there, and make sure you grab the worldstone from the safe. :D

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm. This reminded me of the Atlantis discussion our class was having the other day:

"Why did Atlantis sink?" (Teacher)
    "Because people got too fat!" (My friend)

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] ROTFL!

If that was the reason, I don't believe Holland is next to sink...
    Anyone knows which country is #1 by percent of fat people?

[ October 10, 2002, 11:02: Message edited by: Extremist ]

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Didn't America find it or something, its just that they weren't allowed in. Just something I heard on some documentry

15. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    [​IMG] Whoa!!
    I read in the newspaper that 1 of 3 American adults are overweight and they dont even know it!
    When America is gonna sink, boy!, we're gonna have a major problem here in my tiny West-European country! Sealevel would rise to highest ever. Now we realy should evaporate the waters or we all die!

(Then the docter comes in: Sir MoN, It obviously is time for your medicines. In view of the fact that you're in a bad condition and in a rather hysterical mood, we are forced to give you quatripal quantity of your regular amount.)

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] You Europeans...Always saying Atlantis is off the coast of Crete...Silly, silly, people. Atlantis is actually (or its ruins, actually) off the coast of South America. It was on the Discovery Channel, so it has to be true!

Archaeologists have found the remnants of old (predating the Incas and Aztecs) roads and canals in Venezuela that they think may have been part of an Atlantean merchant/trade route. They've linked similarities in ancient South American architecture to sites in the South Atlantic and North Africa, suggesting that this culture was a vast naval and trade empire.

So there you have it. Mystery solved. Now let's go find a yeti/sasquatch!

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Sir Bel, On discovery they said Atlantis was a luxury hotel :p

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] :rolleyes: No...Not THAT one! :rolleyes:

I mean for real.

:p

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    About that Holland flooding thingie:

Look at me!! One finger in the dyke and I´m typing with me other hand. Hairy Potter says I´ll have to remove my finger as soon as the Germans/Americans are invading.. AGAIN!!"

20. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Sir Belisarius:
    There is a theory based on Plato's texts and some historical events, which supports that Atlantis was actually Crete. According to Plato, Atlantis was an enemy of greek kingdoms and the athenian fleet managed to destroy the forces of Atlantis. After the battle a volcanic explosion took place, which destroyed Atlantis and the athenian fleet as well.

The Minoan empire of was the major naval power of Mediterranean Sea during 2700BC-1750BC and it was a continuous threat for the continental Greek Kingdoms. After the explosion of the volcano of Thira (Santorini) in 1750 BC, a big part of the island of Crete sunk because of the tidal waves and the Minoan empire was weakened. An army from continental Greece took the chance, invaded in Crete and destroyed Minoan empire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.