1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bumping Edwin's Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by tjekanefir, Sep 13, 2001.

1. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

How can I bump Edwin's study of his Nether Scroll along? I don't have any interest in this quest per se, but I'd like to see my new party members interacting with Edwina before we run out of things to do and have to go to Suldanessalar.

I tried expiring the "EdwinScroll" timer with the console, the same way one can expire the romance timers, but it didn't seem to do anything...

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

don't go to the lich in the graveyard district untill you feel like it :^)

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

try pausing the game and leave your computer for a couple of hours, then return and unpause. It just might work, because it works on romance dialogues

4. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Like the romances, is not Edwin's, uhm, transssssition work on both real-life timer and in-game time? Might you have to advance both timers artificially (I write, not knowing if it's possible to advance the real-life timer)?

I imagine the 'disguised one' would know . . . . ;)

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] DON'T TOUCH THE CONSOLE!
    Ok, here's the catch.

1. You killed lich and found the scroll. In fact you activated a timer that expires:

- 4 days if you said: "Will you be using that scroll to help us?"
    - 2 days if you said: "We all found it, we all own it. It's party treasure, Edwin."

To advance time, press CTRL+T as long as it takes so that timer expires, or just sleep on it. All timers are INGAME TIME timers. OK?

2. Timer elapsed and Edwin says: "Ahh HA! I understand it! Sorry to bother your petty concerns, but I have translated some of the Nether Scroll!".

- This won't happen if you're in dungeon type area.
    - New timer is set: one day

3. Timer passed, Edwin speaks: "Hmmm... Another relevation in my... er... our Nether Scroll..."

- Whatever you say to him, he uses the scroll...LOL

Link and last note
    The list of areas that are dungeon type you can find here: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003578.html

To scroll through ALL talks (interacting with Edwina) BEFORE Degardan spawns - I suggest you use CTRL+I on the keyboard. Press it more than once - it just chooses random dialogue and displays it if it wasn't occured.

6. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thanks much, Extremist. (-:

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Ok, I was an idiot...thank you.

The bumping of this is because I discovered that there really IS a bug in Nether scroll quest and it is within Edwin's dialog.

The SP boards were down, I looked over to official BIS boards, saw a post that it doesn't work to someone and... solved the bug!

Ok, I guess it is good to know it, so I quote my whole answer about the bug from there:

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Dang Extremist. For a minute there I thought Tjek was back. But it was just a false alarm :p.

Well good job on the super sleuthing of all the bugs and nuances of these games you rogue :p.

9. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] No kidding Big B, Great work Extremist. BTW Extrem do you 'play' the game at all or read the scripting & chase down bugs. Hehehe maybe you should get some of the royalties. ;) :p

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I chase bugs.
    I can't find time to play ToB.
    I am preparing something nice. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.