1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad things America has given the world

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Vermillion, Dec 10, 2002.

1. William Smit IV Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Judging from the past comments, I have taken it upon myself to construct some random statements that symbolize the *ahem* educated sentiments and viewpoints of some of the above posters...if they were asked to imitate America. Here we go: “America will attain Global Power! This is how WE (hallelujah!) will DO IT (Moving on up, to the East Side!): drink beer, punch each other in the gut and oink pugnaciously as we recline into our butt-molded Lay-Z-Boys. Then we'll go out and carry our AK-47s blatantly clasped around our waist belts while saluting the flag upon every time we see it and then singing the National Anthem as well. And, as a SMALL side note: make sure to nuke everything EXCEPT Australia. Don’t want to hurt no kangaroo! *Froth at the mouth and appear very pale-skinned*”

Just joking! I feel the same way about my country as most outsiders do about it. In fact, the US has a brand new equation:

- More Blood = More Oil.

Also, one more thing: Kitrax...just because others don't have the water hose doesn't mean that they can't cry "FIRE” when they see a part of America crashing and burning.

[ December 11, 2002, 01:30: Message edited by: William Smit IV ]

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Those god awful Chia-Pet (sp?) things...where you sprinkle seeds inside of a variety of shapes and little growths emerge out of the holes. It started with animal shapes I think, but now they even have heads!....with that stuff growing as hair!!!...like I'd want to have a head sitting on my kitchen counter??? :shake:

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Brittney Spears
    ebonics
    College Girls go Wild
    Patton
    The Ring

4. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

David Koresh
    Amway
    velcro
    Cheez Whiz
    electric can-openers (can you be more lazy?)

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The Slaughtering of the rain forrest ( america right? ;) )

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Pac-Man, because the first nuke was designed and built in America. The scientists involved might not have been Americans, but then, everyone here is an immigrant. Point is, yes, people from other nations built the nuke, but they built it IN the USA, so...

Oh, yes, bad things:
    the Christian Coalition
    Focus on the Family
    KKK
    Jesse Helms
    Strom Thurmond

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

What i mean is, the germans were already building one. The whole thing is designed in Germany. That they couldn't finish it is only our and your luck.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] As for attitute: Someone who in school, volunteeringly or forced, sings the national anthem every morning just *HAS* to take some damage :evil: . One *american attitude* thing I found pretty amusing and a little scary at the same time was a sense of mission, like "We are from the land of the free and the brave, make place!" :shake:

Not everything that's good for the US is the as good for the ROW (*Rest Of the World* - a nicely illustrating term I repeatedly found on US webpages). The american way of doing thing is not necessarily the right one - or the only one. One thing to keep in mind when someone disagrees on US policy.

[ December 11, 2002, 12:00: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

9. Akujin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

as regards nuclear weapons, the theory was laid by einstien (german), the 1st devices were designed mostly by english scientists but built and paid for by the US

10. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Blackthorne, you couldn't have sounded more American ;) :p .

On a serious note though, please no flaming, America DIDN'T invent nukes as it wasn't an American who invented them, and play nice, this is meant to be an excercise in comparison, not 'my countries better than yours, I'll tell my mummy if you say different'. (although why can I see big ol' Jowaj Dub-u-yaa saying something like that).
    Oh and btw, Sharlp is the one of the few people on this board who can argue properly, putting a case forward, providing evedence and so on, with out flaming! So when I make the list he can go on the good things side :) . Where is he btw, he was always good to talk to in posts.

Oh, it's taken about a week for the good things post to reach 54 posts, but only over night for this one to reach half of that? Is that a sign of things to come? stay tuned :p :p

[ December 11, 2002, 12:12: Message edited by: Vermillion ]

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh yes, before anyone puts it in the *good things* thread - the automatic transmission for cars originally was iirc a Porsche design. It was (of course) designed for tanks and part of the generous compensation (patents mainly) germany had to pay to the US for the excessive damage they caused in northern america. Countries that suffered more got much less.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I agree, nuke everything EXCEPT Australia :)

Here's my list
    1. Boy Bands
    2. Comedy movies just like every other comedy movie ever filmed
    3. The idiot that is declaring war for no apparent reason
    4. Mass arrogence
    5. world debt crisis
    6. masses of fat/ Mcdonalds

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    The "World debt crisis" is NOT an American production! Only a true conspiracy theorist can believe that the US has control - overt or clandestine - over the monetary policy and consumer habits in Germany, Japan, Argentina, Russia...

For good or for ill, the world economy is a very tangled web. What happens in one place has effects everywhere else, too. Is this an American export or simply the price of doing business in the current global marketplace?

14. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Bush and Britney Spears.

15. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Let's add Trent Lott.

16. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

economical imperialism.

17. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A single global culture with a few variations from country to country.

It should be kept in mind, however, that American culture is merely a changed form of English, Irish, German, Mexican, Native American, Chinese, and Japanese cultures.

[ December 12, 2002, 00:38: Message edited by: Tiana ]

18. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It's Britain. England, Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland are all the same nation. And of course there are bad things BRITAIN has given the world. We were just as bad as America couple of centurys ago. But our Empire fell, and the same thing will happen to the US. (Around 2030 when China becomes the world's wealthiest nation.)

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Erm, will that happen around St. Juttemis??

But those darn Chinese need to get through Holland first, since were no 1 on the list....

and still I hear children crying, wailing, etc since they didn´t get a XboX, then I just think: shut the **** up :mad: ...

erm, getting slightly :yot: , sorry

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.