1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3 questions from a newbie. . .

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MrJimi, Nov 16, 2005.

1. MrJimi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] 1. As far as I can tell, I've cleared out the moathouse (and I've checked the walkthrus to make sure I didn't miss anything), but the quest remains uncompleted in my log book. I returned to Terjon, who I think gave me the quest (my party is Neutral Good), but it doesn't pop up as a dialog option. Was it someone else who gave me the quest? Or am I missing something?

2. I created a halfling rogue/ranger who is now 2d level in each class. Two questions:
    a - First, he has the the Two Weapons feat and uses a rapier in one hand and a short sword in the other. But he doesn't seem to get the bonus for using a light weapon in the off hand. Is this because he's a halfing, and so no weapon is "light" to him?
    b - Second, I meant to make him an elf, not a halfling, but pressed the wrong button during character creation and didn't notice until it was too late. So I tried the character editor on the Sorceror's site, but that does not seem to make much of a difference -- it tells me he's now an elf, but he still runs at 20 not 30, etc. Is there some way I can really change him to an elf? I'm not familiar with hex editing, but I'm willing to try it if someone can give me some pointers. . . .

Thanks!

[ November 16, 2005, 21:20: Message edited by: MrJimi ]

2. maalri Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For what it's worth, along with all the other problems I've been having, the Moathouse Quest didn't complete for me either. And I checked the walkthroough as well.

3. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

1. You should be at least level 3 after clearing the moathouse. Did you check the cellars?

2a. I didn't know an halfling could wield an rapier one-handed. It's a medium weapon, he should only use it with two hands. And yes, a short sword is not a light weapon for a halfling. Look here: http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=1 :D

2b. Don't know. Never used an editor.

4. MrJimi Gems: 1/31

1. Yeah, I'm sure I cleared it all out, including the cellars. And my Ego page in the log gives me credit for doing so. It's just the Quests page that says it's still unfinished. Oh well. I was just hoping for some extra EP.

2a. Darnit! Great cartoon, though.

2b. Thanks anyway. Anyone else know how to make my halfling grooooooow?

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Did you kill the drow priest?

6. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You don't have to kill the drow priest; you can accept his offer to surrender and in exchange for his life, he will offer to show you an “unguarded” passage into the Temple of Elemental Evil. If you accept his offer he will join your party. (note: Should you take Lareth into your party; the bumpkins in Hommlet, being daft racists, will attack your party).

Be sure search Lareth's dresser drawer to find his Diary; it will detail the location of Nulb, and so allow you to progress with the game.

*Edit* You must read the diary and not simply have it in your possession. To read the diary place it in one of your character’s inventories and then drag the Diary onto the “Use Item” button. Hope this helps.

[ November 18, 2005, 02:33: Message edited by: SatansBedFellow ]

7. MrJimi Gems: 1/31

Yeah, killed him, got the diary, read it. Still no luck! :-p

8. maalri Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeah my Neutral Good party didn't get the dialogue from Burne either- after I read -not just had- the Diary too, and I'm also sure I killed everything for miles around the Moathouse!

9. First Wizard Zeddicus Gems: 1/31

Have you talked to Black Jay? He is the one that you need to talk to to complete that quest.

10. erkper Gems: 1/31

That depends on who gave the quest to you in the first place. The Moathouse quest has always been buggy, but the modders at Co8 appear to have finally gotten it straightened out. Download their newest mod.

One hint, though - IIRC, the quest can only be completed if the location of Nulb is unknown, so DON'T read Lareth's diary before you speak to the person who gave you the quest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.