1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So this is ToEE huh?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DreamingxAshley, Aug 21, 2005.

1. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Im simply amazed that this game got sent to the publishers... it seems like they made it half-assed and then tried to fix up their mess with 3 patches. >_>

I absolutely love the loading graphics, and the cut-scene graphics, and the intro movie was absolutely beautiful. And the in game graphics are pretty.

But to be honest, the game sucks. lol Maybe Im just spoiled on the likes of Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and the like... Why wasnt this an Infinity Engine game? It could have absolutely rocked. =\

But even though the game sucks, Im gonna play it because I like the way the graphics look, and the char-gen process was... unique to say the least... putting the stats as the first thing is just weird.

2. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I feel the same way actually. The game looks so good, the combat is good, but the game itself is pretty bad. If Baldur's Gate 2 was modded to use the ToEE engine, I would be very happy.

3. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Now that would be awesome! Just as long as the game play from BG2 was kept the same... none of this odd stuff like putting the stats first in chargen...

Oh, and I cant stand the interface really... its *kinda* neat having a minimalistic GUI, but it needs more buttons... I do like the time/calendar thing at the bottom though. :)

Anbother thing... it looks like you can only use one cheat code at a time... from what it looks like, the way you enable one is to use a command prompt and type in

ToEE.exe-nofog

unless its like BG2 and you only have to use the code once.

[ August 21, 2005, 01:21: Message edited by: DreamingxAshley ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.