1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can Iuz be killed?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by grey_wolf, Apr 1, 2005.

1. grey_wolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Even though im pretty sure your not supposed to be able to kill him im sure someone out their with far more patience than i has found a way.I managed to do 7 damage to him so i know hes not invincible (doesnt seem far off though). If anybody managed to kill him with a hacked char or whatever would you mind posting what happened or what he droped.If no one has ill probobly get bored and make a game just to try.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I couldn't him in the game, and in the old PnP module, you couldn't kill him either.

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, Iuz can be damaged and killed.

Once with a NG party something happened, I don't know what, but when Cuthbert appeared he had a red circle around him. He mainly went after Iuz, but since my ranger was also next to Iuz, Cuthbert got a few whacks on him too.

Cuthbert had like 10 to 15 attacks per round, most of which got through Iuz's damage reduction of 15/ or 25/.

Iuz got about 7 attacks per round, many of them sneak attacks, so he had gotten Cuthbert to an injured state by the time he got it. My cleric happened to be watching this all in stoneform (meld to stone). After killing Iuz, Cuthbert killed all of Hedrack's minions, and any of my characters who showed their faces. I had to flee combat with the two I had left alive. So I don't know what Iuz dropped.

Later I built a CE party with the expressed goal of killing Cuthbert's avatar. I had Scorp along, with an AC of 42, but unfortunately I didn't have Fragarach or Scather, so Cuthbert just butchered my whole party. His AC is 73 and he got like a +50 on his attack rolls.

On one of these threads someone says that by tripping Cuthbert and having someone next to him dual wielding Fragarach and Scather they killed Cuthbert, so apparently it can be done.

4. grey_wolf Gems: 1/31

Our patches must be off or something. It might be because i have the Vicks and Wedge mod,but what happenes in my game is after a while cutherbert appears theres a short conversation and after Iuz summons zombies cuthbert heals my party (even dead)
    what would happen if you healed Iuz? it seems he could be killed easier than cuthbert.Atleast i can hit him (73 ac could be a problem) Exspecially when hes wounded by Cuthbert Can you heal opponets (never tried)?

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Usually Cuthbert does come and heal your party then call Iuz off for a private duel. But on one of the threads here I read that if your party is standing Northeast of Hedrack when Iuz appears, then Cuthbert won't call him off when he appears.

6. grey_wolf Gems: 1/31

Thats believable. I guess if the programmers thought if you were able to make it past them you dont need very much help. Ill try that later

7. Rashal Gems: 1/31

Iuz drops a black robe, with the red outlines, cuthbert drops a full set plate (regular plate) and a spiritual mace. thats it, I was dissapointed at first, even with hacked characters it took me like an hour to kill cuthbert, iuz went down in about 6 rounds. fyi, cuthbert has 1500+ hitpoints :p so im proud i waited it out to actually see what they carried :)
    (this was with severely hacked characters, made just to kill these 2)

8. Mr. Clean Gems: 1/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.