1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I need help with an editor please

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Eilliana, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Eilliana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I downloaded and installed VicksWedge Mod and now every time I quick save, the game stops and sends me to the desktop.
    Is it possible to uninstall a mod? And if so how would I do that?
    I've never used a mod thingy before so please consider me a moron when you explain it

2. Shadow Cougar Banned

would love to help you but I never faced vickswedge mod.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I don't know how to uninstall that mod. I usually install V/W's and then put the Co8 mod over the top of it.

I suspect a graphic issue. Try lowering the resolution to 800x600, turn off Antialiasing in both the drivers and the game (config file if you have to). When I first tried playing the game, it would crash out on me if I tried to load the game with the resolution set at 1024x768 or higher. If I loaded the game at 800x600, then bumped the res. up, it would work just fine.

After that, update your drivers.

After that....gaaaaaaaahhhhh! (translation ===> crash the machine))

4. Eilliana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the help. It's working fine now even though I didn't have to do anything.
    ejsmith, what is the Co8 mod? The V/W mod I installed doesn't show anything different with my characters so I don't know if I did it correctly. I wish there was a save-game mod. Those I can understand how to use. I normally don't like tweaking characters but I am finding this game extremely frustrating. I would just like to up some stats enough to make battles challenging, not frustrating to the point where I get so annoyed that I get tears of anger! lol

5. Shadow Cougar Banned

Well ToEE won the prize for the most buggest game of all times, anything wierd you spot - its the bug, and bug, and even more bugs. I highly recommed you downloading patch from their site, or from here, I believe there is one. And for each mod, try finding even more patches

Be aware that ToEE at the beginning is really hard, if you don't watch carefully what are you doing with your character and if you have a bad rolls. I had problems the first time as well. Then the next time I played from the beginning, which was the other day, I destroyed the game completely. ^.^

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The Vicks/Wedge mod is just a copy. You uncompress the file, and then copy it into the game folder. You know it's "installed" if there's a little Final Fantasy 1 "black mage" in the upper-right corner of the load screen, and the two guys from Final Fantasy 3 (SNES) are in the middle of the screen. There's some in-game stuff, like being able to buy masterwork items and the prostitutes, but the load screen is the fastest way to check.

Circle of Eight's mod is the same kind of thing. You can find it on the Sorcerer's Place listing for "Temple of Elemental Evil". Just unpack and copy, like the V/W's mod. It's got some tweaks of it's own, other than V/W's, which is why I always install the Co8 last. I didn't extensively test V/W's with the 2.0 patch, so I don't know if it breaks anything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.