1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Will you get it now?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Khazraj, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Now that the patch is out and the demo also, are you thinking of getting the game if you have not already done so?

I am. When I saw the demo I drooled and thought, "not till the patch is out". And now that it is, I'll buy Temple tomorrow. If only they had done it properly :rolleyes: , I would have played this a month ago.

2. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I wouldn't buy it, anymore, but it's too late for me now. It's not much of a challenge, too short and a _little_ buggy. I think after 1000 patch it works fine. I'd recommend you to put your money somewhere else. Both Baldur's Gates, Neverwinter nights', Icewind Dales.. hell, this is genre's worst game so far. Just borrow it from your friend, but don't waste your money. This is just my opinion. It's a nice game, but not worth that much money.

3. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, I'm gonna get it as soon as I get my new computer. I like story-driven RPGs, but I like good combat stat balancing character building RPGs too. I think we need a new name for this kind of game. It's not exactly a strategy game, but it's certainly not a ROLE playing game.

4. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The game itself is not a waste of money.
    However, Atari/Troika put too much time and resource into making the game pretty not into making the game playable.

The official patch does help but, I recommend using the Circle of Eight patch along with the official one. You can get the Co8 patch HERE .

As far as liking this game goes, it's a personal preference matter.

I love it, of course I also enjoyed POR:RoMD.
    So ToEE is here, take it or leave it. It's a step in the right direction if nothing else.

5. Deepsea Anglerfish Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i'd buy it and i'd recommend other to buy it
    actually, i have not much choice, i play rpgs only and those asian rpgs really suck!!! D&D games are always my first choice
    the only thing troubles me is the speed of the mouse ...sluggish

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] It pains me greatly to say this but this game is not worth buying. I've been playing it since it was released here in Sweden, trying to make up my mind about it. I really want to like it.

The official patch - and I don't think they will release a much needed second patch - is far from enough. There are still a huge number of bugs in the game.
    The game has two strong sides: excellent combat system and great looking artwork. This is unfortunately not enough.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Borrow it, don't buy it. It's not worth paying full price for, but it isn't a total train wreck either. Buy it in a used game shop or bargain bin, and only play it after installing both the official and Co8 patches. You could certainly do worse. It has it's good points and is IMO quite fun, but I don't particularly care for NPC interaction, romances, etc. My favorite aspect in a game like this, first and foremost, is battling and collecting cool items, increasing in power, etc. If you're a big fan of super-deep storylines and interesting NPC dialogue options, you won't like this game because it simply has neither.

It's aight though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.