1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Custom Portraits

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Elvenblade, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ive just downloaded the IwD portraits but where am I supposed to put them to get them to work?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's not that easy. Download the custom portrait making guide from the same subsection for info.

3. dmnsqrl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi. I recently used the portrait wizard program to add most of the Steelwraith set of portraits and all of the '21 pack' of portraits from The Icewind Dale. I did not use the replace or remove functions of portrait wizard and all of the original portraits are still listed in the portraits.mes file in my interface/PORTRAITS directory. However, I have noticed that when I go to make a new character, when choosing portraits, even if I scroll up and down through all the portraits now available to me, some of the original portraits are not showing up. Is anyone aware of a limit to how many pc portraits Temple of Elemental Evil will display?

Thank you.

4. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I'm not too certain on this but I believe the author of the portrait wizard specified only having five more than the original amount - that's not many I know, and it seems like you have even more installed and working. But there is definately a problem with large numbers of portraits to be supported. Perhaps the patch increased this load, but not enough. In any case I'm not too sure as I don't have any custom portraits installed (too much hassle, and I don't mind the good portraits, there's just not many of them ;) )

My advice is to try removing some of the customs and see if that lets you select the original ones. If not, then you might consider e-mailing the creator of the portrait wizard, but I wouldn't bother the guy. Your best bet if no-one else here has any ideas is to search, or post a new topic, on the official Atari boards. They are unweildy but there are hordes of members, and several of the programmers and artists also visit(ed) there to answer questions occasionally.

(The link to the forum index for ToEE at Atari is very long)

Like I said though, I would try removing some first to see if that solves it. Then you should find out what the approximate limit is. I am pretty sure you can do this with the portrait wizard.

Edit: On second thoughts avoid the Atari forums at all costs, and use only as a last resort.

I don't know how that ended up in the middle of the post, I put it at the end where it belongs.

[ December 14, 2003, 12:53: Message edited by: Manus ]

5. dmnsqrl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ah, I see. When I go back to the original setup (fast-lazy way, move the 'interface' directory someplace else) there's only 5 'empty' slots shown. There probably isn't any method for making the amount of displayed portraits actually larger. (I was thrown off by the fact that it starts off large enough to require scrolling... didn't notice that at first)

Ok, I guess I'll go through the available extra portraits and be a bit more choosy about what to add :) Thanks.

6. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've also been unable to import custom portraits. I've tried both "packs" and a single custom portrait that I made myself - as per the "custom portrait making guide". However, the portraits are displyed, cropped, at the wrong size in the "portrait selection" section of the character creation screens.

I'm wondering if this is due to internal changes in ToEE due to the application of the patch? (I'm using patch 1.0.)

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Is there a way to make the portraits "in game" used by NPCs available for selection when making a character? There are some very good portraits for NPCs that I would have picked if I could.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.