1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bugbear Battle

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spellbound, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

On the second floor down of the temple, in the northeast corner, there is a stronghold of bugbears. I've tried 3x to do this battle. First couple of times, I left to gain more experience and a few more spells.....so this is the 3rd try at it.....and I'm still not having much luck, though I am getting farther than I did before. There are swarms of these bugbears...20 or so, maybe even more. I've let loose 2 fireballs and that took out some, but they still keep coming. Has anyone had luck with this battle yet?

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Cast entangle and then fireball and other area spells like stinking cloud or soundburst.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My strategy was to hold the door with my tanks, put a guy with a reach weapon behind them (the radiant ranseur in my case) and summon stuff and cast bombardment spells into the bugbears' back ranks. If you try to get into the room, they will mob you and lay some serious smack down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.