1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Future of TOEE ?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sir Phaapylon, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Sir Phaapylon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

Hello all,

Have been looking around here and I get the impression that the game is terrific (even the "new BG" as someone said) but that the bugs are gigantic and that playability is severly impaired. Have not yet bought the bug but a friend of mine has and he says its very good. I´m still waiting too se if a "big" fixpack or patch will be realesed.

What do you all think will happen ? Will a "new" version be realesed by Troika or any other company ? How about official/inofficial patches ? How playable is it ?

Sir Phaapylon

2. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Atari confirmed that there will be an official patch. It seems that the unioffical one is pretty good, but doesn't solve all of the problems. Right now I don't have much time to play the game, so I'll wait til the official patch comes out. Hopefully it will be released in the next few weeks.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Well, we all know there will be an official patch. It remains to see how good it will be. I very much hope it will be good and that Troika will go on to make Scourge of the Slavelords (A 1-4) and Queen of the Spiders (GDQ 1-7).

4. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It's playable and addictive, but it'll never be the next BG, even if they fix the bugs, because the plotline is so thin. (And BG's was pretty thin to begin with!) But it's a blast to play - think of IWD2 crossed with XCom. As I recall, IWD2 had a long list of "stupid" bugs, like the bard-charisma and druid-shapeshifting errors, so maybe there's hope yet for ToEE. The underlying combat system - the best part of the game - seems quite solid.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I would love to see them make more Greyhawk games based on this engine...It really does have promise! They just need to take their time and do it right!

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm with Bel et al on this: I really hope that they continue to use this game engine for a few more full modules. A completely original campaign would be good!

As for the bugs, I've just encountered some annoying ones, but no show-stoppers. An official patch will still be very welcome :) Don't forget, BG and BGII were both very buggy when they were first released. How many people here had to return CD4 (or was it CD3?) from BG?

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It would nice to see a planar adventure. Of course, Planescape never carried over to 3.5E, but a lot can still be done with the planes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.