1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sheep Stakeout

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spellbound, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I've been camped out under the tree waiting to see who's putting the hemlock down for the sheep for 2 days now! I've been passing time at night 1 hour at a time, but no one ever shows up! And Black Jay keeps standing guard throughout the night....does the man not ever sleep? Has anyone actually done the stakeout and caught the guy in the act?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes...Yet another interesting part of the game, if you are actually in the place they are supposed to be, they won't show up. Try waiting anywhere other than where you're supposed to find the culprit.

When night falls, go there. He'll be there.

3. bluey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Nods...this works for anyone you might be waiting for - you must leave the screen or they won't go to their "alternate" positions. I found that simply going in another building then exiting works.

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

the game can't update the zone if you are in it, its not using a dynamic spawning system. so if you expect someone to appear, you need to go to another map and return.

5. Spellbound

This worked very well....thanks all!

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And in some cases, simply leaving the area and waiting elsewhere then returning doesn't always trigger the spawn. You may need to actually rest rather than just pass time. I found this with both the sheep and with the labour camp.

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

are you sure you came back at the right times? because I just passed time for both of those.

8. Spellbound

Hmmm....I never got any further in the labor camp quest other than to talk to that one guy (the cook, I believe). I even went and talked to the old captain, but every time I visit the camp, it's deserted. I'll try this strategy, however.

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

With the sheep I know I was there at the right time. I completed it twice with different characters. On the first try I was able to just leave, pass time, and return. The second try I did the exact same thing, at night, and nothing. I reloaded and rested from the same point in time, returned, and found the one leaving the hemlock.

The labour camp seems to have either have a bug associated with it, or it's just very time sensitive. My party had to appear at just the right time (just before dawn or just after dusk) in order to find anyone in the camp.

The rest v. pass time seems to be inconsistent and I think there might be a problem with the game recognizing that your party has passed time and to trigger a change in the area. I've tested it a couple of times for both of those quests and the results are very inconsistent.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.