1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kids

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Shell, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    True enough, Rally - but I never took Latin.

I mostly want kids to teach my odd philosophies of Life to...

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I have one 2 year old little girl. Adorable but a hand full.

3. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Our bundle of joy is Chesnut coloured and has four legs.

4. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not yet, but hoping to have one (and just one) before I'm too much older. Would be nice to one day have a little boy, but either would do :p

5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Three girls here, 12, 5, and 2. No wonder I don't have any money! I haven't even payed for any collage or weddings yet! :bang:

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    None now, but would like to.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Nope, not yet, if ever. I'm quite content of getting to be the crazy uncle. I haven't seen my nephew yet. He was born about three weeks ago or so. Looking forward to meet that lil' bugger.

8. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Two. One adorable,who is barely
    speaking,tumbling,jumping,dancing,runing,touching 2 years old ,and a babling 4 months boy.
    It seems to be the only ones so far, but only God will tell.We donĀ“t want any more kids(and hardly afford those), but when they come...your life changes a lot.

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Little Snook is an eleven year old boy.

10. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My first son turns 4 at the end of the month. My second son isn't born yet, but we're expecting any day, and will induce labor on Friday morning (7/13 - glad I'm not superstitious) if it hasn't happened naturally by then.

And that's going to be it for my wife and me - I'm closing the "factory" down shortly after our second is born!

[ July 10, 2007, 16:53: Message edited by: Marceror ]

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hate kids. It will take on hell of a woman to convince me to have them. As in, I have to be wicked wicked in love with her.

Hell, even getting me to marry someone is going to take a lot of love.

12. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, if you hate kids, I strongly urge not to have them, no matter how in love you are with the woman. If you guys don't both want kids and you conceed to have them to make her happy, then:

a) You WILL end up regretting it and will almost certainly ruin your relationship with the girl - poopy diapers have a way of killing the romance pretty damn fast!
    b) You'll likely end up ruining your life, because children don't have a return option. Once they're born, you're pretty much stuck with them (and the other parent, to some degree or another).

The whole having kids thing shouldn't be attempted by anyone who's at all on the fence about the idea of having kids and/or the idea of spending the next 18 - 20 years with the other parent.

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No kids yet as I'm only 20 but me and the missus is planning to have one in about four or five years. Want to live a bit of youthtime first.

On the other hand, I recently found out I'm going to become an uncle in January. =D

14. Marceror

Media:
    These are words of wisdom Register. Everything changes with kids. Enjoy being able to do things at the drop of a hat, enjoy the freedom that comes with not being a parent. Most of all, have fun!

I look back at my first years of marriage, the pre kids years, as some of the most exciting of my life. I'm glad my wife and I decided to wait a few years before delving into parenthood. That was really "our time," and now that we've got kids, I'm really thankful for the memories with my wife when it was just the two of us.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There's no right or wrong time to have kids. Some people delay it and love the 'youthtime', others wish they'd started earlier because they find parenthood so rewarding. Others discover previously unknown fertility problems and wish they'd found out earlier. Everyone is different.

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What about while rock climbing? That seems like an awefully bad time to me.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Having kids while rock climbing means taking a 9-month pregnant woman rock climbing. Which seems pretty hard to do. I mean, apart from the logistics she might be hard to convince of going rock climbing at that stage.

Making the kids while rock climbing might be easier, but I don't think I'd recommend trying it.

:)

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, you and your semantics. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.