1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't find some weapons that I had

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Good Thoughts, May 22, 2007.

1. Good Thoughts Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well,
    I kicked HaerDalis out of my party, read some, and then went and got him back. I cannot remember if I let him keep the Melodic Chain and Elven Court Bow but they sure were not on him when I picked him up. I thought I might have sold them but I have looked at (just about literally) every vendor in the game- Docks, City Gates, Umar, Slums, Waukeen's- can't find them.
    Anyone else have a problem like this? I hate to use the console to re-create the items. I was hoping there might be some legit way to find where the heck they are!
    Thanks in advance,
    Good Thoughts

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

You'll find better equipment during the game, it's not worth the trouble.

3. Sandmann Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You could look for them in the Promenade or in the sewers, there are mechants too... Some merchants only appear in certain intervalls of the day, like the thief-merchants in the Bridge or in the Slums. I left valuable equipment in the pack of kicked party members many times, and they stored every item just fine.

4. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

I guess that I've always paid careful attention to removing just about all of my party's equipment from NPC's that I intend to kick out. It's always pretty much been a part of my kickout process. About the only items I'll leave on a kicked out NPC are any of their personal items.

Of course, there's the occasional time when a party member temporarily leaves, perhaps a bit unexpectedly, but they usually return. But even then, I try to remove any of the more critical items from that party member if events seem to be ready for them to take that temporary leave.

5. saros Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Unfortunately, I'd have to say you lost the items permanently. Unless you stashed them in a chest and you forgot. Anyway, the Elven Court Bow is crap, but the Melodic Chain isn't. Create only the Chain if needed. Haer'dalis actually doesn't need it, because Spirit Armor provides far better protection.

If you dismiss a character, (s)he keeps all items that (s)he had when you dismissed him/her. Some items, which are 'quest', are given to your main character. This includes various keys, dryad acorns and so on, yet excludes artifact pieces - they will be carried away by the NPC when he/she leaves you. Containers of any kind are considered quest items - they will be returned with all of the contents inside to your main PC. So if you indeed released Haer'dalis and he had those items in his pack, they ought to be on him when he rejoins the party.

6. The Mountain Hare Banned

I doubt that you would have sold the Melodic Chain.

Are you sure that you didn't stash it somewhere? Sometimes I stash redundant items when I'm feeling a little too sentimental to sell them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.