1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Potentially Allowing Ragusa and Darkwolf to Post in AoDA & AoLS Again

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Now that there's been a chance to clear the air somewhat (so to speak), I've decided that it might be time to give Darkwolf and Ragusa another chance by allowing them to post in AoDA and AoLS again. (History.)

I've discussed it with both of them and they'd be willing to return or at least pop in now and then, so this isn't an issue. However, given the fact that the extreme measure of asking them not to participate in those forums any more has achieved what it's set out to do, I'm not really dead-set on inviting them back.

Before the moderators and I decide on this issue, I want to conduct a poll that will show us how the board population in general would feel if the decision to allow Ragusa and Darkwolf's return was made.

Provided that we did let them back, we'd be monitoring their posts closely to ensure compliance with our rules; probably more so than in the past. And we would retain the fail-safe of asking them to stop posting in AoDA and AoLS again if things wouldn't work out.

To emphasize, the outcome of this poll will aid the board management in coming to a decision regarding this, but will not be binding to us. We'll be checking the results of the poll and the comments here for at least a week before we reach any decisions.

Everyone, please take the time to vote and possibly comment. Also, let your board friends know about this poll so that they vote as well - we want to see as many votes here as possible.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 83 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Allowing Ragusa and Darkwolf to Post in AoDA & AoLS Again (83 votes.)

What would be your feelings about allowing Ragusa and Darkwolf to post again? (Choose 1)
    * Positive - 65% (54)
    * Indifferent - 33% (27)
    * Negative - 2% (2)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm not much of a helper with my vote. I rarely go into the Alleys to read anything and have only a handful of posts in either places. Because of this, I don't know anything about what Ragusa and Darkwolf were posting.

I have seen both posting in other threads and feel, if they've gotten whatever it was out of their systems, they should be able to post in AoDA and AoLS again.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well my opinion is quite obviously positive to this since I enjoy seeing different opinions around (Heck, I thought it was even intersting to see Svytoslav post his views allthough his insulting and arrogant behaviour became tiresome in the long run). The alleys are bound to get some controversy from time to time but I'm quite confident that it won't get that hot in the alleys anymore. I think the democratic vicotry might well have purged some of the bitterness between the liberals and conservaitves concerning US politics.

However if especially Ragusa decides to post in the magnitude he did before it might be problematic. The problem is not really a few lone topics that create controversy and individual rule violations but when you have ten such topics it will become a problem and annoying to many on these boards. If they can keep their postings in control and avoid unnecessary flame then I fully support their return.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I am indifferent. I do not know what the posted, but over a year seems like a long enough time to let them cool down. Plus, if they have been dedicated enough to stick with SP even though they were on probation, perhaps they have paid their fine... or maybe not.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Voted pos, mainly due to the enormous scale of political arguments I've seen in my uni politics module, where we've almost had to ban weaponry from the room.

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hmpf.

... deemed that decision to be unfortunate to begin with.

Positive. :borg:

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I wasn't around to see what kind of posts they used to make, but I'd like to see the Alleys get more lively. You can always ban them again if it gets troublesome.

Positive.

8. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Positive.

Even though I don't know of the kind of post that Darkwolf and Ragusa had done here, and that I do not post in the Alleys either, I do enjoy reading all the discussions. I also agree with Saber, if they have been dedicated to SP still after so long, maybe a second chance is to be welcome.

Like Susipaisti mentions, if they don't follow the rules they can be ban again.

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Positive, there's worse Alley posters out there.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I don't really visit the Alleys much these days, so my opinion probably shouldn't count, but for what it's worth, I think it's OK to let Ragusa back provided he doesn't fall back into the pattern perfectly described by Death Rabbit here , and further in the same thread here

And I never really understood why Darkwolf was asked to leave in the first place.

[ November 18, 2006, 18:49: Message edited by: Splunge ]

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I don't see why not, if they wouldn't get into any flame wars that is.

That's all I can say, since I wasn't around BM back then. I voted indifferent. I'm not objecting, we'd have to see how it goes...

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah sure man, let them back in.

I'm worse than the 2 of them put together!

13. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

— I vote positive , because I think ANY SORT of exclusion or banishment is near-always a BAD thing.

When I say near-always, it is really near-always, that is : almost always.

• The exclusion is only justified when the party, group, community or land is threatened
    1) in his own existence ;
    2) or in the fact that his native identity (his "idea of himself" when born) is threatened to be : not mutated , but really destroyed .

I don't know the persons << Darkwolf >> and << Ragusa >>, but their return here don't alarm me, except if they start to attack :
    1) Bo'M existence ;
    2) the pleasure of playing of the others, — in fact "Game's Spirit", that is : the JOY. :) ;)

OK. In a forum with political purposes, it is normal that guys don't always be wanting to kiss among themselves.
    One thing is more dark for the future, however :
    I was already feeling that sort of things, even in not-political or not-metaphysical forums, mainly between the continents North America and Europe ; kinds of minds are VERY different here. :o
    The only advice I can give here is this :

<< — No matters who YOU are ; what you know and/or believe is always true [ under a sort of point of view ] ; but what is very important, is that you are NOT yet be able to know or/and believe ! >>

[ Attempts to put one's self in the brain of the others is very difficult, but it is urgent to do it : to ALL of us. ]

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I didn't really experience the fighting between the two, but I feel that they have had enough time to cool down. Give 'em another go.

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol, what a strangely structured post.

It takes all sorts doesn't it!

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    /me fastens flame suit, cup, and bag of cheetoes.

Bring 'em. :heh:

17. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes! We'll have them back - if they want to be back ;)

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Three trains of thought on this one...

1. Well, if we let them post again, there's no guarantee that they'll both come back and resume their old rivalry.

*reads the thread*

2. Oh, they're aware of it? Nevermind, then. They were banned for a reason, keep 'em out.

*checks in with the channel, thinks more on the concept of bans*

3. Ehm, hmm... Well, I suppose maybe they might have learned their lesson...

So, basically, indifferent but worried. :bad:

19. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    In life you are rarely given a second chance, nevertheless I believe that everybody should get one.

20. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If you really want to improve the Alleys, ban Gnarf from turning all of the topics into lengthy opportunities for him to....I don't know....what the hell does he actually do? I know being a good Mormon makes him feel good, and I know he uses the Alleys as a way to show himself that he is a good Mormon...but c'mon! I mean, does anyone actually read his posts? I haven't for a couple years now. And they are LONG too...and virtually unreadable.

Ragusa and Darkwolf would be more than welcome to come back in my eyes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.