1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia, Aerie, Keldorn, Valygar and Jaheira

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Palanthas, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Palanthas Banned

I really like this particular party. I don't want any details about character interaction if it can be helped. However, will any of these folks leave me because of Viconia? I could get rid of her but I really like her in my party. What do you all think? Thanks,

Palanthas

2. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Why did you use the name of a city on Krynn?

3. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Why not? Why did you asked this question? To show that you know this name?

4. Silvas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Why do you use Palanthas?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Palanthas, no one else except Keldorn should be a problem. I'm not sure, but Keldorn might turn on her sooner or later.
    I'd swap Keldorn for Anomen. I don't think he'll be a problem with Viconia.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 09, 2001).]

6. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think that Keldorn will leave because he is a paladin and Viconia is evil.

7. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Actually, I don't think Keldorn leaves... I'm pretty sure he kills (or attempts to kill) Viconia if both are in your party for too long.

8. Palanthas Banned

[​IMG] I've been thinking. I should never have let Minsc go. Forget Keldorn. If he's going to be that high maintenance I'm not going to worry about it. I just like Viconia- her conversations are very interesting.

By the way, I did not realize I had used the name of a DragonLance city until you all brought it up. I hadn't read those books in years! That name just popped into my head. Thanks for your input folks.

Palanthas

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just wondering: what class is your main character? You seem to be a little light on the mage front since Ariee can cast only up to level six spells.

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Don't worry about it. I took my ranger to the end with your party, replacing Valygar with Imoen. How the hell are you playing without a thief anyway? Keldorn will grumble about Viconia but being the decent chap that he is, despite his paladin status, will not attempt to harm Viconia.

11. Palanthas Banned

My main character is a fighter/thief. I was disappointed by the lack of this multi-class in the game so I decided to be one.

You're right. I am a little short on Mage spells and quite heavy on clerical ones. I think I'll be able to manage though. Any suggestions?

Palanthas

12. Shura Gems: 25/31

Since you're a thief, take Edwin along and dump either Valygar or Keldorn.

13. Palanthas Banned

I already ditched Keldorn for Minsc last night and I must say its good to have him back. On a previous run I went all the way to the UnderDark but quit because I thought I wasn't going to get to do all of the quests given in Chapters 2 and 3 and started over.

Anyway, the point is. . . I never saw Edwin. Where is he located? And isn't his alignment Chaotic Evil? Everybody at this point seems to abide with Viconia but I don't know what another evil fella might do to my party unity. Also my reputation continues to go up. I am at 15 now. I don't want to kill innocents. How might I bring down my reputation say like 2 points? Any ideas? Lot in that one. Thanks folks,

Palanthas

14. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Turn into the Slayer, you will loose 2 rep points. Then quickly turn back before you start to die.

:D

15. Sorl Guest

Pal if you do the thieves guilds quests you will meet him. He'll only join you if you do his quest (a big no no for nice little paladins).

16. Palanthas Banned

Well,
    I'm looking to lower my reputation about 4 points or so. Which thieve's guild quest? The one from Renal Bloodscalp? I don't have Yoshimo in my party. Gotta keep Viconia happy ya know?

Palanthas

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Edwin is found in the Mar Ver guildhall quest obtained from Renal Bloodscalp. Following this quest through should put you in contact with Edwin. If not, he is on the third floor of the guildhall. I would suggest either dumping Jahiera or Vionca for a mage of some sort. What you need in your party is your key as to who to dump. Vionca is obviously the better cleric, but Jahiera can be an excellent backup fighter when called upon. However, Jahiera will only be able to cast up to level 6 druid spells and I don't believe she gets any bonus spells because of her low wisdom. With Ariee and one of the above, you chould have plenty of clerical power. Now who to pick up in return. I like Imoen the best, but since you are a fighter/thief not opposed to having evil doers in your party, Edwin is probably your choice. Incidently, if you did run into him and have just forgot about it, Edwin is at the Copper Cornet at the top of the stairs. Since you do not need a thief, Nalia is also an ok choice for mage if you don't want another evil party member such as Edwin. Hope my suggestions help.

18. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Incidently, quesitions such as "how do I lower my reputation to keep this evil person from leaving my good party" will probably get you some nasty comments. Anyway, just to keep them from coming my way for answering your question, I play strictly good/neutral or evil/neutral parties. But if you really wish to bring down your rep, here's a couple of ideas:

Since you are a thief(partly) by trade, try stealing and getting caught at it. Then you get to challenge and kill all those uppity Cowled and Amnish guard. Great fun.

Another idea is to let Vionca kill someone she isn't too fond of. She is evil, after all. Let her have some fun. Just don't take part, and smack her around afterward to bring her back in line with the party and teach her a valuable lesson.

19. Shura Gems: 25/31

Edwin is NOT in the Copper Coronet. Damn, Crawl, I know you hate powergamers but you don't have to resort to that. Do the Mae'Var quests and if you're a goody two shoes paladin, and they bother you, just do the quests in a 'nice' way. (yes, there is one!)

20. Sorl Guest

Shura, once you kicked Edwin out he IS at the CC.
    As for lowering rep: its a valid point for ever party not consiting of only good characters (plus you not being paladin).
    If your e.g. true neutral you HAVE to do something about your rep; so after being boyscout for a week you just live it up the next week :)
    The best thing I heard of in that direction is (after the underdark) using slayer (never tried it myself), which gives -2 on rep.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.