1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Useless spells

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Cuckoo, Jan 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weasel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Now who told you that. I believe we might be getting advise from the same person. :)

2. Doltan Gems: 1/31

Has anyone ever used Disintegrate (level 6 Mage)? Basically useless in my opinion because I hate to burn up their equipment.

And can't you be bothered to write out your whole name Syl..?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ooo! An attack on a moderator with your first post! Gutsy! :D

4. Doltan Gems: 1/31

I know. I was just playing with him because he has over 1100 posts! Wow. I guess I'll have to start signing my posts

Doltanlaksjdfadsoifaewoijfaeowijfeaf

and then shorten them when I get to 1000.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh... If you're around that long! ;)

6. Doltan Gems: 1/31

Yeah, now I'm thinking I might not make it that long. I posted a harsher post in another thread. You guys seem cool (I've read a lot), but I don't know about someone with 1000+ posts who hates the game.

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

8. Weasel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Now Doltan you should know someone with a 1000+ post has all the answers. :rolleyes:

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sylvus is useful. He is not useless. I can see many stupid things in the rest of you, but I never let them come into conflict. Why can't you do the same? I think you have as much "ego" as Syl.

You might have issues with Syl, but it's amazing how brave you get only after he has a falling out with Tal. Isn't that STUPID? Yes. Can you deny it? It doesn't change a very apparent FACT.

Anyway, if Sylvus is the first to go, it will defintiely herald a new era for this Place. A new kind of psyche will be born, one that will forever mark Sorceror's Place. Already I have foreseen that this would come to pass, and already I've foreseen the people who will next go for myriad reasons.

10. Weasel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] And that is your opinion. I asked a civilized question and he wants to have fun with me. A very small person IMO.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh Rakanishu, that sounded so prophetic and ominous... Do you read palms as well? :D

12. Cuckoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Rakanishu
    is a poo-poo head.

13. Drakron Du´Dark Gems: 1/31

A Spell in a spell book is always a good thing, Now Weasel just use the "Protection from Evil" and you will get the upper hand.
    You people relly like to pick on people here dont you.
    Sad, just Sad....and a Moderator in that sort of thing too.

14. Weasel Gems: 1/31

@Drakron Du' Dark.. Well IMO ...It's just one person and I can just ignore that person.

Someone said I was just doing this because of some fight. What fight I have no idea. I joined this forum in December thinking it would be a good way to meet other gamers. I have now learned a lesson.

15. Drakron Du´Dark Gems: 1/31

well since they way the some people here post...
    There is no escuse to being rude, and Sylvus Moonbow have, as moderator, the duty to keep things on a civil tone.
    Just because you not agree, that does not mean you can step on people.

16. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Isn't it rather amazing how off the main subject some of these posts can get. (I'm not saying that's bad, just interesting.)

17. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Bah! Why are so many people overreacting to Syl's posts? You must live extremely sheltered lives if you consider them so rude as to be offended. And "hating" a game while being on one of that game's message boards is not all that uncommon, let me tell you. After a while it's the conversation and fun with fellow posters that matters, not the game itself.

18. Weasel Gems: 1/31

As I said this is only one person and I can just ignore his post. Defend Sly all you want that is your opinion. I'm stating mine. I'm done with this subject.

19. Drakron Du´Dark Gems: 1/31

This have gone of topic now, so stop you are just making fool out of yourselfs.
    I said that a spell in the spell book is a good thing because we never know in what we are going to run in, some spells look like they have no use but they can have use, even if its for the XP.
    And please stop this, dont ruin the forum by making things personal, I understand weasel point, he was rude and his opinion is just that his opinion, nobody have the right to say what he did, his point of view I dont understand.
    Being a moderator does not make one all knowing, there are too many combination in the game to keep us playing it until the fable BG III.

20. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

LMAO! First you contribute to the "off-topicness" (so what?) of a thread with your pointing finger, and when people disagree they are making fools out of themselves? Well, if you don't want people to disagree with you, don't post. You can't tell people what to post. You're not a moderator ;).

Bah, what nonsense! Where was Syl so rude as to warrant this? I can't find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.