1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Wedding! (I'm back and I brought pictures!)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm back!!! :banana:

The wedding went according to plan...but not as many people showed up as we expected. :bad: But that's ok, because I knew there was a lot going on that day, and the folks that were supposed to show but didn't still sent gifts.

The honeymoon was awesome! Our hotel was literally on the beach! :D While in Hawaii, we had so much fun! Here's a quick run down of some of our activites:

On Sunday, we arrived at the hotel at around 4pm. For the rest of the day/night, we didn't leave the hotel room. :love:

On Monday, we spent the day at the beach, the hotel's pool, and wandered around Waikiki.

On Tuesday, we went on a guided bus tour of the USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor, and downtown Honolulu. Once we got back to the hotel, we rested for a bit, but then took a bus to Diamond Head (it's a sunken volcanic crater just to the east of Waikiki Beach) and we hiked up to the top for some really awesome pictures.

On Wednesday, we went snorkeling with 'Captain Bob's Snorkel/lunch cruise' which took us out to a nice coral reef to check out. Once we got back, we spend the rest of the day at the 'International Marketplace' and wasted a lot of money... :p

On Thursday, it was also my 22nd birthday, so to celebrate we rented a car and drove around the island. We stopped at Kailua Beach and snorkeled a bit, before driving up to the north shore...which is where we spent the rest of the day. We decided to go to Sunset Beach since it was the least crowed of the North Shore Beaches...and the pictures I got there are amazing! :bigeyes:

Friday was a mess...he had to return the car by 10am, get checked out of the hotel by noon, and figure out what to do with our luggage since the airport wouldn't accept them before 3 hours prior to our flight that left at 10pm. We ended up renting the car (again) for 6 hours and did some more shopping at the Royal Hawaiian Mall, the International Marketplace, and our hotel's shops.

Even though we spent a lot on money at the shops, I think we spent more money on food. Thursday night alone, we spent just under $100 for our meal...but it was my birthday, so that's okay. For the 6 days, 5 night stay, we spent over $300 on food alone! :eek:

Anyway...how about some pictures of the honeymoon?!? :thumb: (The professional pictures of the wedding will come later once we get them back from the lab in a week or two.)

Our hike to the top of Diamond Head
    Still at the top of Diamond Head, but with Waikiki Beach in the background.
    All dressed up like tourists...
    Jessica looking cute
    Me looking...not so cute...
    Dinner at the Shore Bird Restaurant
    Jessica under water
    Kitrax under water
    Us at the pool
    Us at Kailua Beach
    Driving up the North Shore
    Snorkeling at a reef
    Fish feeding frenzy
    Us back on the boat
    Jessica's silhouette
    Awesome sunset
    Us at Sunset Beach
    Us standing on a wave breaker at Waikiki Beach
    Me trying to take a picture of the two of us on Waikiki Beach
    Waikiki Beach from the top of Diamond Head.

In the last picture, you'll see a red arrow pointing at a hotel...that is the Outrigger Reef on the Beach Hotel, which is where we stayed. :thumb:

Anyway, I'll add as many pictures of the actual wedding as soon as I get them...but for now, that nice little set should keep you all satisfied. :p :rolling:

[ September 27, 2006, 00:51: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

She's really short. Or you're really tall. Or both.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice pics man. Seems you had a real nice time.

There is an erosed sign on picture 2 saying something about erosion. :p

And oh! Belated Happy Birthday to you Kit. ;)

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I bet you really need those sunglasses underwater.

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Nice to see you back Kit, happy it all went well for you and that you enjoyed Hawaii. :thumb: :rolling:

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Ummm...I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not... :p
    Welcome to the digital age. Our photographer uploads every picture she takes to the company's server within a week or so, then we select the ones we want, and about a week after that, we get the tangible photos from the lab. We can get a digital copy of any photo within a few hours of them being uploaded to the server. :thumb:
    It's both. I'm 6'4" and she's a wee 5'.75". :p
    Hey! :p I take those old sunglasses everywhere...besides, I wasn't planning on going under water, but when she told me too, I was too lazy to take them off. :rolleyes:
    Well what do you expect? We got a nice little online community here. I don't see a reason why I *shouldn't* share the pics with you guys... And if I could just get that stupid phpAlbum script to work on my site, I'd be uploading more photos than you can shake a stick at. :D :rolling:

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Looks like you both had a great time Kit, I'm glad it all went well :) Beautiful place!

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Nice pics Kitrax! It looks like you had a very nice honeymoon, I hope you have years of happiness ahead of you!

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nice catch mate, congrats ;) . Hope you have many happy years together and all that razz.

Have a good 'un!

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Looks like an outstanding trip. Congratulations and welcome back.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Very nice pictures.

Last time I was in Hawaii, we spent over $100/day on food. It's by far the most disproportionate expense there.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It was a more a question of why:
    a) you had a photographer at the rehearsal at all; and
    b) she went to the effort of getting all dressed up for the rehearsal

At our wedding, having a photographer, along with hair and makeup etc at the rehearsal AND the wedding day would have quite expensive, not to mention time consuming. Maybe the rehearsal is a bigger deal in the US than it is here.

13. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Again, Congratulations!

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Ah...gotch'a.
    First off, that wasn't the rehearsal…we didn’t take any pictures at the rehearsal. For the photography package we paid for, we got the photographer for the entire wedding day and 2 (one hour) photo sessions prior to the wedding. So the first photo shoot we used for our "engagements" which is what we sent out with the invitation (she took over 200 pictures of us, but in the end we had to choose just one to send out...the rest we're keeping for ourselves). The second shoot is what's known as the "bridals". Traditionally, the bride gets all dressed up in her wedding dress and gets her hair, makeup, and nails all done up for a fancy photoshoot. Call it 'the bride's moment to shine for the camera'. We put several of them in nice frames and displayed them at the wedding.

Like I said before, I'm still waiting for the "real" wedding pictures to be uploaded to the company's server so I can snag them. :bad: :rolling:

15. Harbourboy

So she got all her hair, makeup, dress etc done BEFORE the wedding AND on the wedding day as well? Why go to so much effort? Why not just take some photos of her on the wedding day? I'm fascinated as to why this was done. Is that normal in the USA?

16. Kitrax

Media:
    3 simple words my good man:
    She's a WOMAN! :p :rolleyes:
    Because the wedding day is so crazy as it is...there's not much time for it. Plus, Jessica wanted the photos taken at a place called memorial grove, which has large gardens, lots of trees, and other nice landscaping. Driving there before, during, or after the wedding would be impossible.
    Yeah...as far as I know it's pretty common. I mean we didn't *have* to do it, but it's nice having several glamour/beauty portraits of just the bride. :love: :rolling:

17. Harbourboy

In avery wedding I have been to, including my own, the bridal party disappears for a couple of hours after the ceremony to go and do all the photos. They then make a big entrance when reappearing at the reception (whilst the guests have been kepy happy with lots of drinks to help pass the time while chatting idly to relatives they haven't spoken to since the last wedding).

18. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...I got an email back from the photographers today. Aperently, September is a very busy month for weddings. Their lab is so backed up that we won't get our pictures for another 4 to 6 weeks! :eek:

But like I promised, once we get them, I'll be adding to my site A.S.A.P. Hell, by that time Tal might have the new site up and running with a snazzy new BoM photo album that I could upload the pictures to. :thumb: :rolling:

19. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Glad u back and very glad that u had an awsome wedding and honeymoon!!

20. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I think thats a NZ thing HB. We had a four hour photo shoot after my friends got married in Edgecumbe. We even appeared in the NZ version of Womans Weekly.
    Oh yeah, this was after an hour of photos of the Grooms party in the morning, I believe the Brides party had to go through the same.
    In comparison in the UK, photos are done with all the guests directly after the wedding.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.