1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Same old me

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by kuemper, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    My nick has always been Drew. Surprisingly it's always available.....even on forums who had over 8,000 members when I registered.

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I always use The Magpie when I can, but occasionally I have to resort to The_Magpie, Magpie or (for the BioWare boards) Magpie101. There's also no way I'm changing it, as I just don't see the point.

3. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Zorac, always Zorac. Why would I ever change that?

4. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm itching a change, but I don't want to get the pm DoTW got :p Although it's quite understandable the reason why Tal has that rule IMHO. I'm just like you DoTW. Just not THAT bad of an itch :D

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My parents named me Splunge.

I see no reason to use something else for the Boards, or change it during my tenure thereon.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, well, I understand his smoking back when I was a gem, it could get confusing... but now I have the avatar which is well-known, so I guess I could swap names without too much confusion. But I said to Tal I'd stick with that one, even though it's very, very, very slowly driving me insane. I... need... change!!!

I've also thought of asking Tal for a title change... to something more fitting like "SP's Official Cellphone Guru", but I have a hunch he will tell me to suck up and live with what I have until I have the cash for a SPS account.

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Changing because you've come up with a name that fits you better is fine. Changing for the sake of change just gets confusing, as well as aggravating for people who already have a million and one different things to remember and don't need you adding what your "name of the week" is to their list.

@DotW:
    Just friggin' ASK him already! :rolleyes: Even if he says no, at least you have an answer and can stop whining about it. And if he says yes, all the better.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Whoa, seems some rakshasa didn't had catnip this morning, hmm?

And you never seen me *really* whining.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Mine's changed.

Used to be Sir Daie, now it's Daie d'Malkin.

Also answer to Chibi-Daie in FAI

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I still like mine...Although I don't know if the name fits me anymore.

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The confusion issue is a little more serious than some of you may think. People sometimes like to look back at old threads. In those threads, people will refer to old nicks that have been changed and the viewers are left wondering who is being referred to.

Really, there's only one legitimate channel, ask Tal and provide a very good and legitimate reason for it.

In the meantime, to everyone, no snipiness please.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm still Master of Nuhn, but you bucketheads keep calling me MoN, or something like it... Weird! :)

Changed my Avathar once. I first had Susipaisti's zombie, with "Oft evil will shall evil mar" as a title.

Since then I have this halfling halo-boy, with Priest-King of Salem as title. I'll most likely stick with the name and avathar, but I want to change the title sometime...

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hey, MoN, I call you Nun sometimes! :p

As far as my own one goes, there were times I would react to it more than to my legal name. :p It's basically everywhere, with sometimes a little variation (like shortening :p ). I have some other nicks for other forums, but they are rare and also repetitive. :p

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's true, Lier, but you only do that to try to have me converted to the RCC, have my sex changed and to get me in that celibate. :p

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I've had the same nick all along. Eight months or so. The custom title that goes with it has changed once, though.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Regarding changing publicly displayed names here more than twice: don't, for all the reasons already mentioned here. Most of all it being an inconvenience for everyone else when you change your name. If it only affected the user that's changing it, sure, why not. But it doesn't. It creates confusion for everyone else.

There is no specific rule about this because it's been handled on a case by case basis thus far. But in the near future you can expect name changing to be severely limited.

Changing avatars/portraits + titles isn't a problem, but pretty much as a rule I don't do it unless the person who requests the change has contributed in any way since their initial avatar/portrait + title setup. That keeps it down to a very low amount of changes.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I haven't changed my nick in the four years since I registered here.

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    No changes for me. ;) At least name-wise. :shake:

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You've never had a different avatar or title for all I can recall. :shake:

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

My name used to be creudzfeldt-jakob, but that was a pain to spell, so I changed it to C'Jakob. Then I just changed it to Oaz because I felt like C'Jakob seemed silly. Or something like that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.