1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where are you from, boardwise?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Balle, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Was my first and didn't even care for these back then, since I had had a permanent Internet connection only for a few months (having started my studies and moved to my own home).

2. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Good old BoM was my first...and it shall probably be my last too since I'm too faithful to post on another :D

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My very first was the University of Helsinki's Theology students discussion forum. Not much anything that made sense, but that's how I got started.

Then I started posting some advices on bgII into a finnish discussion forum. From there I got the address of this place.

It was love...make that infatuation at first sight. SP's just great :grin: !

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

This BoM... is it gone?

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Eh....Bahir. BoM, you know the place where you just posted that message. Boards O' Magick ring a bell? :D

6. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The 3DO community was my first home. :spin:

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

So far BoM is the only place I've ever posted, actually.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I think the official Fallout boards were where I first posted, but I really can't be sure. Not something I've, uh, ever thought about, really.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Like many folk here, BoM was the first board I ever posted on.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    My first forum was...uh, Dungeon Baldur's Gate, or Baldur's Gate Dungeon, or something along those lines. Anyone remember it? It was pretty massive. I remember getting all excited when rumours of BG2 first began to surface.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Deathmage:
    Planet Baldur's Gate? I've been there a few times, but I never bothered to look for forums.

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    No. Baldur's Gate Dungeon, I believe. It died after a while and the forumers scattered away.

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    BoM was definitely my first regular posting board - I can't remember posting anywhere else before it. I was stuck early on in the first IWD game, and came here for help - I've been here ever since.

My posting has slowed, but I still drop in from time to time to see how the youngins are doing... ;)

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Like so many others here BOM is the first forum that I'd spent any significant amount of time at. Originally I was searching for some NWN help on the official NWN webpage when I came across a link for Sorcerers Place. I've been hooked ever since.

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

BoM, never even really knew what a board was all about until I found this one. I knew what I was missing.

16. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

BoM was the first for me too. I found it while searching for some Bg walkthroughs or something. It's one of the few forums I've seen with really interesting in-depth discussions. I haven't been around much lately, been spending more time on music/gear forums.

17. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Gamefaqs, and I now dual wield my posting on BoM and there.

18. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ehh...Eru'sforum, then Manda'sforum, then lilhobbity, then forbiddenforums, then BoM :D I tend to lose my passwords. :hahaerr:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.