1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where are you from, boardwise?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Balle, Nov 2, 2005.

1. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I started here. A friend put me on to SP after I got Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, and I eventually migrated from those forums to the Alleys, where I've been happily arguing ever since.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] SP - first forum I've signed up to and stayed at for substantial period of time :p

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    This is the only board I registered to, and I don't plan on changing that.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I am also registered on Gibberlings 3, and Spellhold Studios, though it's been quite a long time since my last visit there.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    IIRC, the BoM was/is my first home. Forgotten Wars Projects and the Forgotten Wars Studios were also on my lists...but I am 95% sure the BoM came first. :rolling:

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Either the old generic Forgotten Wars or the Forgotten Wars Studios boards were my first. Which one, I don't remember and am not interested in recalling. There is no reason to keep secret that I didn't leave Forgotten Wars but was banned after a controversy with the moderators. An example of what comes from that direction could be seen on my old site for a long time because I left it there for everyone to see until I moved to my current address.

My next forum was Interplay boards. There is a chance I actually registered at SP before Interplay boards but I was more active there in the beginning. I wanted to start my own BG2-related boards but I started coming to the realisation that it wasn't perhaps the best idea and I liked SP more and more, as well. At the time when I cast my root at SP for good, I was still active at forum.o2.pl, Interplay and the Red Dragon Inn.

I've been involved with other boards in the meantime (Polish Warcraft forums I left altogether when resigning as a moderator, certain US-located Catholic boards I have no desire to visit because of the peculiar moral views expressed there and advertised as the proper way of behaving and teaching children even after I actually made almost all of them admit it was actually poor conduct with at least venial sin involved... ridiculous :rolleyes: , some webdesign-related boards etc etc), but at the moment, SP boards are the only ones that I even read regularly, let alone post. BioWare and Obsidian are the only other boards I visit at all except my own. SP is what counts. ;)

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I didn't know about the D&D world until just a few years back when I picked up SoA from my friend. He asked me to download patches since he did not have an internet connection. The site he sent me to was SP and I have been on these boards ever since.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Here! Right here... I think my very first post was in the AoDA. Looking back on it now, it wasn't the best place to start ;)

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Here, although lately I've migrated almost completely to the chat, and as such am no longer posting much. I came to SP as a kind of faq page, and it learned me more/alot about online "social" life, with the boards and chat.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am raised by Taluntain, the Online Father, and his many concubines Extremist, BTA, ArtE etc

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The old Black Isle site. Wonder what happened to those guys?? I MISS CAT!!!!

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Anycraze.com, for Magic the Gathering cards, a few years back (I still play, though). This was my second.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I pitched a tent in one of the shady corners of the BoM a while back, and haven't been dissapointed with my one and only forum since. :cool:

(But I'd never forget Deathmage's Realm either. Where else is there a thread for just poking Deathmage?) :D

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    This was the first forum I posted on.

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I came here first. Then DM Realms, before making Gamejag my permenant home. I'm still here though...

16. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

MGO forum. I found the place while searching for BGII stuff when I bought the game. MGO shut down, and was replaced by THAT forum. Then that shut down. I was constantly getting links to sorcerers (because of all the RPG stuff you could download), but I didn't join untill two summers ago, when I had a booring ass job sitting infront of a computer, and instead of working I joined SP and started posting. :D

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

In terms of RPG boards SP was my first. In other boards it would be Less Than Jakes old message board.

18. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I came from the Interplay and Skullport boards.

19. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've been a regular on a couple of borads before SP. The first one was, I think, Diabloii.net, but it may have been diabloii.dk ( I was a regular on both boards, just can't remember which one was the first).

20. Drizzt Do'Urden876 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I started posting at http://www.woodus.com/forums/
    but then i had found SP and decided to stick with this, but Woodus was always a good one for me... :love:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.