1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Illithum

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gotrek45, Oct 8, 2000.

1. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Did you guys know that Cromwell can use the Illithium (not the alloy) to coat a mace of disruption?

Now I need to know a few things, so if anybody know anything about these, please speak up. Thanks

1) Is there anyway to make the artist use the Illtihium alloy instead of the pure stuff?

2) When is a mace of disruption found and what are its stats?

3) Can the Illithium alloy be used for anything at all?

Thanks again for all your guy's help

2. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Mace of disruption found in the blood pool in bhodis lair in the graveyard. After the mace of disruption is coated with the ilithium it is +2 instead of +1, gives you negative plane protection, and some other stuff, it is actually way nice, would be a lot better if it was +3 though :( I did not find any use for the alloy and I could not get the artist to use it. I saved my game, had the mace coated, then went to the artist, he threw a hissy fit about the alloy, so I reloaded the game and gave the artist the real stuff and hoped I could use the allow to coat the mace, unfortunatly I couldnt.

3. nicksull Gems: 3/31

So, if I understand correctly, it is impossible to coat the Mace of Disruption AND solve the artist quest? Is there any other ilithium in the game?

4. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31

So then what's better, a super mace of disruption, or helping the church of Helm out?

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well if you help out HELM you get a reputation increase (valuable for buy/sell)
    compensation for your spent gold on the quest
    the Helm of Glory
    additional side quests
    also new relations with HELM's sister temple for other quests/gold.

Hope this helps.

a +2 weapon... not for me even if it is enhanced. It would be considerably different if it were a +4 weapon!

6. nicksull Gems: 3/31

OK, there IS a way.
    SPOIL

Don't have the real ore on you and bring the alloy to artist. He storms off. Go to Helm to report your failure... the priest will think the unmolded blob of alloy IS the art. You finish quest! Then go and get the real ore and take it and Mace to Cromwell. Wish I'd known this before... ah well, +2 ain't so great!

7. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31

Thanks nickskull, you saved me :)

8. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

OK, I've just finished the illuthium quest by using the alloy and received the helm etc. When I bought the alloy from Jelia the ore merchant, I didn't bother to ask who her source is and I'm not sure if she'll tell me now. BTW, I'm in the planar prison at the moment.
    I would like to coat my Mace of Disruption when I get back. Can anyone tell me where I can get more illuthium?

9. mountain-mike Gems: 2/31

Okay, next stupid question. I've got the mace. Where do I get the ore and/or metal from???

10. prizim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

u get the ore from the Ore Dealer in the Promenade.

11. Ganz Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] I've used up the 50kg that Jerlia sold me, to make the alloy. Before that, she offered to tell me the name of her source if I want to try for the 200kg of pure illuthium. After coming back from another quest, there is no option for her to tell me who the source is.
    I do want to coat the mace - has anyone found out who the source is and can I get more pure illuthium if I have completed the quest for the work of art?

12. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] The source is a dwarf at the Copper Coronet called Unger Hilldark. If Jerlia hasn't told you about him, it's not possible to talk to him about it. Anyway, he hasn't got the ore on him, so killing or pickpocketing him for it won't work. He will tell you that the ore was stolen by another dwarf, which can be found in a house in the Bridge District, but only after you've talked to Unger.

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited October 25, 2000).]

13. Ganz Gems: 6/31

Aw,shucks, guess I blew it. I'll know what to do next time. Thanks, Thaumas.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.