1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Goodbye Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Heavy stuff, Eld. I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers.

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family. May your God be with you.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I sure hope it turns good for your Mother and your family. Best wishes!

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wow, that's heavy. You have my best wishes your mom makes it through, dude.

5. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Sorry to hear about your Mom, and my best wishes to you both.

6. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I'm Outta here :mad:

7. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

So sorry to hear about your mom. Glad to hear that you are planning on being an EMT. I did it for twelve years before I became a nurse, and it can be quite rewarding work.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    All the best to your mother and you, Eldular.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/sends hugs to Eldular and Lynadin

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm guessing this was somehow very important to him.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  12. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, it was my first post in the alley, and it was ment to be a very political and serious post.
    Then it happened - I would have never thought it could happen here on SP, my post got deleted (or moved from the forum it belongs to, what's the difference ?)

I had to get this message out, so I posted it again. Now it's locked :mad:

Should I make a third one ? Or just give up ? Or what ?

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Your original thread is here and it is still open. As you can see it was not taken very seriously, and even your opening post indicated that you were just trying to get the word out and didn't care whether anyone believed it or not.

If you really wish to have serious discussion about something, you should not just post a link and say you don't care what anyone believes. You should post what you think and use your source as corroboration for your belief and ask what people think in return.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    And just FYI, threads get moved here all the time. But instead of cluttering the board with redirects, we move them completely, and send a move notification via mail to the person who's opened the thread. It's no big deal (and no harm done), as I said, it happens all the time.

But once we move a thread, of course we don't expect the person who's made it to post a duplicate in the inappropriate forum again. That would negate the whole point of moving it.

15. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Thank you all, tough time but thanks to my religious beliefs I'm doing fine.

@Brallrock: Yes I've heard it is quite rewarding, I just wish the work schedule wasn't as long.

16. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

As of Monday, I shall be going home for the summer, and thus, shall be offline until September. I thought that I should post this now, given that I'll be away pretty much all weekend, so I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to post beforehand.

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm off to Germany in a few hours, for work-related activities sadly. I'll be in Bremen for the whole week, and will probably not have BoM access there (I'll probably have internet access, but it's not the same :) )

@WotW: Enjoy your summer vacation.

@Eldular: Very sorry to hear about your mother. I wish you both all the best.

18. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sorry to hear that Eldular. I lost my mother some years ago to breast cancer and it was tough supporting a family on minimum wage, but you will get through it.

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm off to Europe ladies and gentlemen! For 2 weeks, you will not hear from me, as I will be tearing up Italy (Rome, Sicilly), and Barcelona!

My flight leaves at 5:30, but I have to take off now to meet people, etc.

Don't spam too much without me (how about me only missing 2 RBPs ;) ), and keep those alleys short enough so I don't have to read the books you guys write when I get back :D .

I'll see you in 2 (more or less) weeks :D

20. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Barcelona?
    I guess I will see you among the the million turists aound with a camera looking for La Sagrada Familia :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.