1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Back of the SP Milk Carton

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Death Rabbit, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nobody's perfect, but effort (or lack of) can be plainly seen.

The plaques are a tool for when everything else fails, or when the rule-breakings go beyond requiring mere warnings. The plaques have existed for years, and believe it or not, Ara was not the first member to get one. She was no more embarrassed by it than anyone else who's ever got one. Also, I fail to see how you can not be embarrassed by making practically illegible posts day after day, but once you receive a plaque pointing it out, you're suddenly embarrassed. Like I'd pointed out some horrible secret no one had ever known about. :rolleyes:

I'm happy to hear that my personal correspondence to her has met with your approval. If she comes back I'll consider sending PMs intended for her to you first, and you can forward them on.

Yea, well, with some people it's always popular to blame the cop for giving them a speeding ticket too. As for your proposed fighting back - a spell-checker is also a tool to assist in achieving a purpose, not a magic wand. If 10.000 people here have managed not to post in a way that Ara has, I think that she, as an aspiring writer to boot, should be able to do it with a bit of effort as well.

Yea, bent in her favour. Good thing that they're so flexible that they can bend in either direction.

People with actual physical disabilities that impede their writing are exempt from the spelling, grammar and similar rules. But with the amount of writing that I know Ara does, you'll have an impossible time convincing me that a portion of her time spent to make the posts couldn't also be used to correct the spelling to something at least vaguely resembling legibility.

I'm firmly convinced that she could change for the rules, if she only wanted to. The doors here certainly remain open.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You know her emotions? Trust me, she was embarrassed. The plaques aren't just links to what people do wrong, they're links to stigma. That's why they're so effective.
    I'm sorry if you feel I've invaded your privacy. :( That wasn't my intent.
    Quite agreed.
    I think you've got me wrong on this one. I don't blame you primarily. Ara takes the lion's share without a doubt. It was ultimately her choice.
    Aye. Sadly, Ara didn't feel up to it. Even the compromise would take what she felt to be too much of her time.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2 I haven't seen for a while:

The Magpie?
    Bion?

I'm sure Bion will be posting directly after me. :p

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Errrr .... kuemper - Bion posted 3 times today. The Magpie last posted on April 7. Hardly milk carton kind of stuff.

;)

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bion is definitely around but likes to hang out in the Copper Coronet for which I am grateful.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Would those posts be in places you need an SPS account to read?

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bion posted in one of the AoDA or AoLS threads. Don't remember which one. You can check their profile for last posts.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Anyone heard from Cúchulainn lately? He hasn't posted since March 15.

10. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Like a previous poster on page two, I don't like to bump threads, but what ever happened to that guy Elios?

11. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I was wondering what had happened to Cúchulainn as well.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it's time I necromancer'd this old thread, as there are some folk around here I haven't heard from or seen in a while, and wish they'd pay a visit.

Felinoid
    Spellbound
    Rallymama (though we conversed by PM lately, I hope she finds more time)
    Master of Nuhn
    NAKIA NAKIA NAKIA!!!

Come home, kids. We've made soup, and it's getting cold.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Felinoid is in our IRC chatroom regularly, but it's a shame he's stopped posting here. Spellbound's busy with her work but she's also lost interest and Nakia has had some medical problems but she's also migrated to another community that suits her current interests better.

Those are the ones that I know about... I've missed Takara some time ago as well. Good members drifting away is sadly a common occurence in online communities. :bad:

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I can bring news of two of them at least.

Fel is in the FAI daily even if he doesn't post on the boards. He responds readily to attempts at starting a conversation too - just walk in and say "Morrowind" :p Always fun to discuss things with.

Nakia hasn't been on here much, but she's still around. She checks her PM and she even posted in 3 different thread in The Elder Scrolls forum earlier this week. She's also told me she's been visiting the FAI but always at times when no one was around. She sends her regards:

Haven't seen Spellbound, Rally or Master in ages. Spellbound was still going into the FAI a few months ago (or was that last year?) but she's been absent for a while now.

15. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:

Or quite a while:

Hacken Slash
    Gray Magistrate
    Disndale
    Cernak

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And what about JSBB? He was posting regularly until the end of February 2008, and then completely disappeared.

17. dmc

Media:
    Heck, I was going to put you on the milk carton, Splunge. I guess a man of your advanced age needs lactaid with the milk.

Chandos the Red likes this.
  18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Funny you should say that, dmc; I was actually going to ask where I went, but then I realized it would look pretty dumb when I couldn't come up with an answer that didn't involve alien abduction. :p

Chandos the Red likes this.
  19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

On the same note, what happened to Gnarff? Did something happen that I am not aware of?

20. dmc

Media:
    World of Warcraft happened to Gnarff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.